Repeat Invitation Glitch

• Thread starter Socrates
  • 11 comments
United States
United States
Tonight marks the fifth time I’ve received the Porsche invite. I’ve received five invites since I started the game and each one has been for the same Porsche. The past three times I received the invite, I already owned the car as well as had an active Porsche invite from the previous invite.

Considering how we know that roulettes are not random, it’s entirely baffling/disappointing that I’m receiving this same repeat invite despite already owning the car. It’s already frustrating that the invites exist in the first place; it’s even more frustrating when there are other invite cars I’d like to purchase, but I’m constantly getting the same invite over and over.

This is another testament to why GT7 has a low Metacritic score. Well deserved in my opinion.

Last edited:
Considering how we know that roulettes are not random, it’s entirely baffling/disappointing that I’m receiving this same repeat invite despite already owning the car. It’s already frustrating that the invites exist in the first place; it’s even more frustrating when there are other invite cars I’d like to purchase, but I’m constantly getting the same invite over and over.
Hear, hear. I got 3 Ferrari invitations in a row, bought all the first time, so I didn't need it anymore, missing 3 other though, but they are really elusive, maybe I will not get them at all, so yeah in my opinion, the invitation thing must be one of the worst thing in any GT games.

Last edited:
Considering how we know that roulettes are not random
This isn't true, it's a common misconception. The reward itself is random, just weighted based on a chance table (there's a percentage chance of each reward per ticket level, the levels can be seen here). The reward is just determined earlier in the process than when you click on the ticket to open it but it is random which reward at the level you receive.

I always seem to have an active invitation,i wish i could turn them off or block the wheel from giving me any more,lol.
I had an Aston Martin with a July10 expiration date and what happens, i get another AM invite and now i'm stuck with it until July 27th,i don't like having them because every time i see it ,i want to go buy more cars i don't need,lol.:boggled:

You are doing exactly what PD wants you to do - you are talking about the game. The random element in the lottery means that we all have slightly different experiences while playing the game. You can tell me about your five Porsche invites. I can tell you about the Pagani that's been evading me for over a year. The next person can chip in with their three Ferrari invitations in a row. And so it goes.

We may be grumbling about the experience, but from PD's point of view at least we are talking about it and carrying on playing in the hope of getting that last invite that we need for the full set.

The $64,000 question is whether the experiment has worked. Does the randomness part of the game annoy more than it entertains?

I don't know. What I do know is that when I started playing this game way back in GT1 days I was critical of stuff like the oil changes and car wash. That's a gimmick I said. It will never last, I said.

I despise the invites. I have three accounts. Two of them have 2 Veyrons each. On both of these accounts I've received multiple Bugatti invites, and received 2 more since last week's update, raising the total to 9. On my third account I've never received a Bugatti invite. I can live without a Veyron, but I want to clear that darn Bugatti menu book.

I despise the invites. I have three accounts. Two of them have 2 Veyrons each. On both of these accounts I've received multiple Bugatti invites, and received 2 more since last week's update, raising the total to 9. On my third account I've never received a Bugatti invite. I can live without a Veyron, but I want to clear that darn Bugatti menu book.

Am close to 4 months ( in about 10 days) and it's the only one i miss.
Considering that was players with 7-8 months and still missing an invitation while they have almost all the cars , i still have enough time in front of me i guess.

Back