Replacement pots or other pedals on a DFP

• Thread starter huntervf
  • 3 comments
Greetings all,

My apologies if this was already covered, a search didn't give me much aside from the already established pedal fix, which I've tried.

I have the old model DFP with the el cheapo pots. Fixed the spiking problem on the gas pedal but I think the pot for the brake is just junk. It got REALLY bound up... I've loosened it up a bit but the pot will turn completely around, it doesn't hit any stops.

My DFP is well out of warranty, and a call to Logitech proved utterly pointless as apparently they sell NO replacement parts at all, nor can I even purchase a new set of pedals.

Does anyone know where I can acquire a new pot that will work with this setup? Or better yet, are there other pedal bases that will work with the DFP? My dad has a Logitech Wingman FFB and the pedal base looks identical... anyone ever try a direct plug/play with pedals from another Logitech unit?

TIA :)

You can't get pots or pedals, but you can get a whole replacement set cheap from Logitech. I bought an out-of-warantee replacement set for $65. Sure, it's more than I wanted to pay, but now I've got a spare wheel that I can use for casual play (say, if my wife wants to do some 2-player racing).

Well, I ended up scavenging a pot from a set of Logitech Wingman pedals. Seems to be working a-ok so far; I'd purchased this wheel from justdeals.com a couple years ago for like $15... that's pretty cheap parts all things considering. I see similar sets on there now for $26, and they stock factory refurbished DFP's for $69.

Just an FYI for those in a similar situation to myself. And now I'm happily back to my drifting antics :)

h0ss
You can't get pots .

yes you can dude! i forget the actual rating but i know it's either 100k or 5k depending on if it's a real arcade game (say, a Spy Hunter... 100k OHM) or computer grade (5k OHM) like i said i'm not 100% sure of the actual OHM rating but i'm about 80% that these are correct.

as long as you do some research and match the OHM rating of the pots (not that difficult) your set. there is actually some GREAT quality pots out there to be had!!

look into it if need be.

btw, good for you if you can get your wife to race with you!!! 👍

Latest Posts

Back