RESPECTABLE Engine Swaps

• Thread starter zacw4328
  • 2 comments
United States
Georgia
I-MkE-U-Go-BoInG
There are probably a ton of threads about this, but there is a difference between just swapping out any engine you want. For example the 5-year-olds who play games that would put, say a Veyron engine, into all of their cars. That should definitely NOT be allowed. It would mostly just piss people off in the long run. Like the immature people who would use the mods to make unrealistic powered cars.

Taking an LT or LS engine, the V8s used in the newer Camaros and Corvettes, and putting into an older model GM muscle car or Japanese cars like an RX7, Miata, S2K, or 240sx, would realistic. Such as a new HEMI in the old MOPARs and a modern 5.0 or Coyote in the old Ford cars. It just makes sense.

There are certain ways to limit engine swaps. I don't think there should be a BIG limit on them, but as long as we can keep out 16 cylinder Fiats haha. Honestly, keeping it restricted to the same manufacturer is a little too tight for me, but that would still be awesome if that's all we got. Then you have to think: "Yeah people actually do that in real life, so why can't we in a video game?". So if it is something minor like a V8 swapped import or even putting some high performance import engine like a 2JZ or RB series engine into a domestic/US car, it should be there if we wanted to try it.

Just some pictures for your entertainment: :D:cheers::gtpflag:

LS1-powered S2K
ls1-powered-honda-s2000.jpg

LSX-powered RX7:
DSC_00211.jpg

2JZ-powered Mustang:
mustang_blog.jpg

RB26DETT-powered E30:
Picture0.jpg

Back