RF Modulator help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Tercel_driver
  • 5 comments
  • 1,706 views

Tercel_driver

(Banned)
Messages
1,773
I cant believe it is happening to me. First was the sound, I fixed it, now the image. I have a rf modulator hooked up. The box says it enhances image quality (I dont believe it). I just need it to hook up, anyways, the image can get so doggy that it jumps or lines appear, some kind of interference. What is going on, should I change its placement? Everything is connected to the power cord. Should I connect the rfu modulator on a single spot?
 
Er, first off, what are you modulating? The box might be tripping copy protection on DVDs (if that's what you're trying to do). What brand is the box?
 
A RF modulator will NOT improve image quality. In fact, using a RF modulator is the worst quality image you can get, especially from a game system or DVD player.

What are you connecting with the RF modulator? Like Risingson77 said, it might be Macrovision kicking in the copyright protection, if it is a DVD player. If it is a game console, the connections between the cables might be bad or the modulator might be malfunctioning.
 
The tv is the one, ancient as hell.

Anyways, dont bother to read the topic anymore.
Pako already helped me.
 
Well... this tv is ancient as hell as I said.

So ancient that it supports electronic interference as the ps2 supports dolby surround sound.

Old stuff always have a trick to make them work, so in this case, I have to turn everything in the same order.

So, this is the order that I have to turn everything on.

1-TV
2-PS2 (the second I turn on this, the RF modulator turns on)
3-Soundsystem3

If I screw up the order, I might was well consider playing with a lot of interference.

I am pretty sure that I am gonna dump this tv, because I tried hooking up in the other rf tv and it worked pretty good.

But first, I need to get a job to do that.
 
Back