Road Atlanta Gr.1 30 minutes strategies?

Italy
Modena
EdoLicciardello
Hi all,

I'm wondering the correct car/strategy to win - or at least be competitive - in the Road Atlanta proto endurance race. I've tried a couple of approaches and a couple cars (Audi R18, SRT Tomahawk VGT) with no avail. I can just choose to get slaughtered laptime-wise with high fuel maps and hard tires (can't do better than 1:10s) or to stop too many times at the pits, not being able to squeeze more than 4/5 laps per tank. Any suggestion?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm wondering the correct car/strategy to win - or at least be competitive - in the Road Atlanta proto endurance race. I've tried a couple of approaches and a couple cars (Audi R18, SRT Tomahawk VGT) with no avail. I can just choose to get slaughtered laptime-wise with high fuel maps and hard tires (can't do better than 1:10s) or to stop too many times at the pits, not being able to squeeze more than 4/5 laps per tank. Any suggestion?

Thanks!
I'm using the Tomahawk, RH, pit on laps 6,11,16(change tires),21...top speed set at 360kph...best lap is 1:05.6....FM 1 all the way!
Win by at least 30 secs or maybe lap the field!

Last edited:
I'm using the Tomahawk, RH, pit on laps 6,11,16(change tires),21...top speed set at 360kph...best lap is 1:05.6....FM 1 all the way!
Win by at least 30 secs or maybe lap the field!

May have to try this out. My attempts are futile at best. One with the McLaren VGT non-Gr1 turn 2 is a nightmare under hard braking or even a medium pressure, starts to drift, try to correct but ends up off track and lose at least 30 seconds to a minute of time to get back on track. Porsche 959C will do the same. X2019 will have a better chance but it’s lighter than the LMP1 cars so if you’re trying to battle them they’ll throw you to the shadow realm. Also tried the TS030 and the newer model both have promise but with the FM6 on both they’re like a better handling group c car for me, taking fuel every 8 laps. The TS012 has again great performance but fuel efficiency is nil to none even on FM6. Tire degradation is moderate but once they reach 80% wear you must short shift and start correcting the car every time you turn sharp at turn 5 or 8 but run off at turn 5 and incur a penalty. Could be one I’m assuming would be good enough and be a little forgiving on tired maybe, the Peugeot L750R? I have yet to attempt this race with this car. Though I have a Tomahawk it’s the VGT X version that has 2495 horsepower or so and turning everything down won’t even budge this PP down to below 1200. So any input would be greatly appreciated, sorry if this is two years late. Just trying to complete the races I haven’t done yet, and now this one is part of the weekly races for this week 10/13/24.

Yes I think I will try this too! Thank you

kjb
Or do FM4 and you can do a 2 stop strategy. CHange tires and fuel 1st stop and stop for fuel around the 12 minute mark and finish off the race
Ok this sounds doable! I’ll give this a shot as well! Appreciate your help!

rlx
I'm not sure if you're aware that you can use the Ferrari VGT.

That one makes it pretty easy.
Yes I am aware I can use the Ferrari VGT, one slight disadvantage of using that car at this track and Monza, is that the hybrid system doesn’t have a great recharge rate. So taking something like the TS030 ‘12 would help with that problem because it has a very high battery recharge cycle it almost instantly comes back at turn 10a/b from the long straight to the pit lane entrance. But I thank you for your feedback, most appreciative for that!

Porsche 919 is a cheat code as well. Just have to be consistent.
Yeah I forgot about this car, I have the 962C the ‘88 or ‘89 I believe. Unfortunately for me, I do not have the 919 yet, but I’m surely going to get it soon, it’s a million credit car and I like to earn my credits. I had bought a few others I was looking forward to collecting before I thought about this one. Thank you for reminding me!

Mazda LM55 fuel map 6
Is that the GR1 version or regular VGT only asking if there’s a big difference in performance between the two versions?

Yeah I forgot about this car, I have the 962C the ‘88 or ‘89 I believe. Unfortunately for me, I do not have the 919 yet, but I’m surely going to get it soon, it’s a million credit car and I like to earn my credits. I had bought a few others I was looking forward to collecting before I thought about this one. Thank you for reminding me!
It's a great car. There are many races it can help with at the big end of things. 👍🍻

Is that the GR1 version or regular VGT only asking if there’s a big difference in performance between the two versions?
I used the Gr1 version. FM6 and RS. 7-8 laps depending on your tune each stint. Usually in P2 by the first pit. If you use RM, you can change tires on second pit. I have not tried 2 stints on RS or 3 on RM.

Easy win.

It's a great car. There are many races it can help with at the big end of things. 👍🍻
I used the regular one as that's what I owned. RM and FM6/5. I think I pitted lap 9 and 17. I took tires both times.

Last edited:
Noted and appreciated thank you!

I used the Gr1 version. FM6 and RS. 7-8 laps depending on your tune each stint. Usually in P2 by the first pit. If you use RM, you can change tires on second pit. I have not tried 2 stints on RS or 3 on RM.

Easy win.
Yes I thought so but wasn’t sure, thank you for your help!

Back