Rolls Royce 102EX 2011

Australia
QLD,
StigBelcherStyle
Rolls-Royce 102EX, 2011

Rolls-Royce 102EX, also known as the Phantom Experimental Electric (EE), is an experimental Rolls-Royce car, primarily designed to spark debate about whether luxury car manufacturers could and should provide cars which use electric, or other alternate drive-train technologies. Its secondary function is to allow the company to gain insight into the workings of possible future electric Rolls Royce cars. One of the notable features of the 102EX is that the figurine on the hood is clear and lights up.

The Rolls-Royce 102EX uses a 96 cell lithium-ion battery instead of the 6.75 litre V12 petrol engine used in the Phantom. This battery system is used in conjunction with two water-cooled motors and 3-phase battery chargers. In contrast, the interior design is largely the same as that used in the current Phantom model. A twelve month world tour to show off the car and to test it in different conditions around the world, ended in 2012. Rolls-Royce has stated that there are no plans to create a consumer model based on the 102EX.

SPECIFICATIONS

ENGINE
• Engine : Electric
• Power: 290 kw (390 BHP)
• Torque: 800 N.m
• Engine location: Front

PERFORMANCE
• 0-100 km/h Time = 7.8 secs
• Top Speed = 160 km/h (Limited)

DRIVETRAIN
• Layout Front engine, Rear-wheel drive system
• 1 Speed transmission

BRAKES
• Regenerative Braking

Range
• 190 - 200 km's of standard driving

DIMENSIONS & WEIGHTS
• Weight: 2720 kg
• Dimensions: Simular to Phantom

exterior.jpg
16-rolls-royce-102ex-concept-geneva.jpg

For it's other fellow competitors please refer to the alternative Fuel Sources page under electric cars.

Glad I searched this before suggesting :D Great for 2 reasons : One, its a Rolls, which we really need to see on GT, and two, its electric, and we don't have anywhere near enough of those in the GT franchise so far. Full support - drive on Jeeves! :D

..........I like it, this idea of electrified Roller. I mean, a Rolls Royce is pretty darn serene cruiser, so a near silent electric motivation is exactly what the doctor ordered. Probably.

Back