Room Chat Volume

• Thread starter NCRthree
  • 4 comments

NCRthree

Premium
United States
Virginia
ncrthree/GTP_ncrthree
Is there a way to turn down the chat volume in an online room? My headset turns it down somewhat but not that much, some folks are just too loud. I like to run my TV sound on as well so the headset isn't on so loud, so they're coming through too loud through that as well.

I've gone into the XMB accessory settings but there's only a setting for mic volume not chat. Nothing in Sound Settings either. Don't really want to mute individual players. Looks like there would be a way to turn up game and chat separately. Am I overlooking something? Thanks.

I believe you can set mic/speaker as an option in the XMB.

But there's no way to change the volume except to turn up/down your headset or speakers. I was just whining about this in another thread.

You can turn up the racing sound effects in the quick driving options menu when needed, so you can turn down overall volume. Could be difficult to manage if you try to hear several people that have very different voice volumes, in that case I'd probably ask the person/s that are especially loud to tone down a bit if possible please, thank you very much.

Something like that.

If you have a surround sound headset like me. You should be able to adjust between game and voice.

Ex. You hear a guy with a loud eye camera. You adjust the slider all the way toward the game and drown out the eye camera

Back