• Thread starter Mr P
  • 21 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
A.R.C IV
ARCR8.jpg

r8pic.jpg

----------------------------------------
Twin Ring Motegi Full Course ( 2 lap Race )
Arcade Ford RS200 Rally Car
0% power 420bhp
and -10 weight 882kg
Go into race with R2 (hard tyres)
Set AI difficulty at +10
When in race screen change tyres to R5 (Supersoft tyres)
Any top speed setting
Set laps at 2 laps
No assists!

Save your best 'CLEAN' replay
2 Wheels on ( Tar / concrete / rumble strips ) at all times!

AI contacts are allowed to a maximum of tiny taps ( common sense will decide if the advantage was gained aggresively ) ... apart from using them for side impact overtaking in the corners / bends which is not allowable!!
If they hit you up the ass then that is no problem it was there fault.
All rumbles are in play and anything that isn't tar or rumbles is out of bounds along with the wall contacts

Feel free to discuss all sectors
'Do not discuss total laptimes'
Please PM your final race time to me before the deadline
Deadline = 12:00 noon GMT Tuesday 30th May

We are in Amsterdam from Friday 26th - Monday 29th sorry for any inconvenience!
----------------------------------------

this should be fun. the rs is a fun stable car, very predictable, and steers razorsharp into corners. this is going to be a fierce one with lots of superquick times.
i wonder if the guys going to amsterdam (where i was born and raised) are submitting a live report of their achievements. have fun in there!

OK,
nothing clean yet.:crazy:

I have to strugle with some AI first.

I tried with this grid,don't know if it is the best one.

Skyline
corvette
supra
CLK
astra

I can catch the Skyline after T2 but like I said nothing clean.

after an hour i managed a sort of clean run.
39.602 - 1.07.417 - 1.30.807
34.027 - 1.01.919 - 1.25.405
this was with a 58 pts. ai car selection in which i became 2nd.
topspeed at 240.
great fun with late braking and apexing the corners.

One of the best combos Ron,
what a tough AI but they can help you to draft.

This was my line up.

nissan skyline
chevrolet---crashed in the 2nd turn and hit the CLK,COOL:tup:
CLK
Astra
Xanavi

38.591---31.120
104.921--57.338
1'27.516--1'20.153

topspeed--260

nice, combo, will definitely find the time to complete a race, although the AI is a *****

I still haven't got anything clean at this one. But the car/track combo is very sweet. 👍 Actually so sweet, that I have spend too much time hotlapping instead of racing. :D

Oh and I agree on everything said on the AI btw. ;)

Time submitted.

Actually it was quite easy to keep AI clean. :cool:

AI Line up:

Skyline
Chevrolet
CLK
Astra
Xanavi

T3's: 1'28.397/1'20.948

Top speed: 260km/h

Good luck to the rest of you. 👍

submitting now to Pman. wondering how he did in amsterdam.
this one is as clean as it gets. a few minor touches but nothing that helped me.
39.432-1.07.879-1.31.232
33.439-1.00.672-1.24.311
sorry this has to end ...

Results up tomorrow as I have been drinking due to kels birthday and cant be arsed tonight incase of any errors due to intoxication :P

>ROUND 8 RESULTS<
round8results.jpg

Congrats to Sjaak for a great 2nd place finish with Minorshunt taking 3rd just ahead of Marc and Niels and also great efforts from Steven and Barbol to round out this weeks entrants :cheers:

To everyone who took part in A.R.C at any time during these 8 races I hope you enjoyed them and maybe we see you back in the future if I ever post another one ;) 👍

To these guys who ran all 8 rounds ...

Sjaak
NielsG
Bigracer
Barbol

Way to go guys and thanks for your full commitment :) 👍 appreciated ;)

Total scores are at the side of the results and as you can see I finished in 1st place that is not how it would have been had some of the other racers completed all 8 rounds :indiff:
But still .. Congrats to Minorshunt who took 2nd and Sjaak who finsihed 3rd overall .. Luxy in 4th place and NielsG takes 5th place overall :cheers:

*Special mentions* to Barbol and Bigracer who never took any podiums in the events but stayed 100% commited throughout .. Respect guys 👍 :cool:

Thanks again guys and cyas all on the Track soon ;)
Here's my final replay for this series ... please post your replays asap and we can validate the last round 👍

Cheers
Ron.

Attachments

• ron arc round8.max
    18.8 KB · Views: 3
Congrats to Ron for the overall win. :cheers: And to Steve for his second place. :cheers:

But especially huge congrats to Sjaak for surprising everybody and getting a well deserved podium spot. :cheers: Way to go Sjaakie. 👍 👍 👍

Thanks to everybody for the good racing and company through the series. Especially Miguel and Steven for sticking to it. 👍
So many drops out, when they don't meet their target right away. :indiff:

Also huge thanks to Ron for running yet another great series. 👍
Next time you should go for an Classic car ARC. :D It would be very cool to drive some of the older and less powered classic rally cars. :cool: And it'll be safe to drop all the democracy ****, as most voters never raced anyway. ;)

Replay will be up, whenever Jerry get sorted out the replay manager. ;)

Congrats Ron for the race and overall win! Congrats Sjaak for a great podium. Well done mate! :cheers:

I have to say that I have enjoyed this series probably the most of any I've ever raced. I had a great time in the dirt events, which I absolutely wouldn't have anticipated at the start, but TBH a lot of the enjoyment has to do with the other racers that participated. Lots of respect for the good camraderie for sure. 👍
Thank you for all the effort you put forth in organizing this series Ron. If you ever decide to do another A.R.C , count me in. :)

I'll have my replay for this race up later, although it looks like I'm the last NTSC standing, so I don't know who will verify it. :indiff: But I can assure everyone it's good, because it was the only completely clean, no AI touch race I got! :ouch: :lol:

Thanks for all the effort you took to make the ARC happen Ron and congrats with the double win.
Just like last year is was a blast.:cheers:
I just like rally on tarmac and if you ever post ARC5,I'm in it.:mischievous:

Extreme good combo's ,great company(take a look at Steve's post 👍 ,he used all the right words),hard fights with Niels,(Winner of the Gentleman's Award,Thanks for pushing me to the limit,Again) made the series super.

Also thanks to all the guys who run all of them or due to some other reasons missed a few.(Luke,damn good racing you have showing us)

Here is my replay,hope all is correct because I never expected a podium between these top guys.:lol:

Attachments

• Round 8 ARC 4.max
    27.7 KB · Views: 5
Well done Ron, on the race and series win :cheers:

Very well done Sjaak, on the podium finish 👍 👍 👍

Well done Steve on the podium and second in the series :D

Sorry I couldn't finish out the last round, guys. Just couldn't fit it into the schedule ... I've had a lot of fun with this series (the first time I've ever beat Dan at anything!!!!), and it's been great racing with all of you. If there's ever another ARC, I'm in too.

Steve, although I missed this round, I'll still check your replay :) Actually, I just bought a shiny new Max Drive to replace my useless old sharkport, just to be able to watch the last sector of your round #7 replay. I'm sure I'll learn something from this one, too.

Sjaak's and Ron's checked. Both clean with a huge margin. Beautiful racing guys. 👍

Thanks for sharing, Guys. :cheers:

Here's my PAL replay:

Attachments

• NielsG ARC 8 RS200@Motegi 3.46.869.max
    20.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks Niels,
Yours is on the stick :odd:

I will watch it tomorrow.

dear fellow gt-icans,
to me also it was a real pleasure to be part of the arc-competition. it's really different from wrs as it had a limited time frame and also a limited number of participants which gave it a sort of in-crowd feeling.
so ron thanks a bunch for the work you've put into it and the good choices you made while organizing things (altho i'd have made other decisions as far as car and track choices are concerned :) ).
in spite of my meager performances i feel proud to have been part of this competition.
afa replays are concerned i hope to have a maxdrive soon to prove my truthfullnes in my performances (tho i hope noone doubts my submissions ... - they are all clean and on my memcard if anyone wants to come to my place to check :dopey: ).
to all: thanks for the kind words. i love you too.
to sjaak i say: maybe we should team up and do some dutch series of our own. i need you to help me with my s14 licence anyway :ouch:
see you all in another series!
bye from holland.

Sorry Steven,
I didn't race on the ice course ever. :lol:

Niels,your replay.................................

Clean,perfect,outstanding,no AI touches.👍

I saw we had the same AI line up.
Very cool to see the chevy chrashed of track,returns and hit the CLK,just missing Niels Ford .

Kind of a deja vu.

sjaak68
Sorry Steven,
I didn't race on the ice course ever. :lol:
ok. i thought you had done all licences. i guess i have to find another addict like us to help me out.

Back