Rover 200 Coupe 1992

Bulgaria
Bulgaria
1727768363650.png

This is the Rover 200 Coupe.
Codename: “Tomcat”

At launch, three engine types gave the Coupé a broad appeal:
1. Honda D-Series 1.6-litre engine 111 PS (82 kW; 109 bhp)
2. Rover 2.0 T-Series engines; a naturally aspirated version producing 136 PS (100 kW; 134 bhp)
3. Rover turbo version 200 PS (147 kW; 197 bhp).
All versions had manual transmission as standard, with an automatic option only with the 1.6 version.

Wheelbase: 2,550 mm (100.4 in)
Length: 4,270 mm (168.1 in)
Width: 1,680 mm (66.1 in)
Height: 1,370 mm (53.9 in)

Kerb weight: 1185 kg

FF Layout

Drivetrain Architecture: The Internal combustion engine (ICE) drives the front wheels of the vehicle.
Drive wheel: Front wheel drive
Number of gears and type of gearbox: 5 gears, manual transmission
Front suspension: Wishbone
Rear suspension: Coil spring
Front brakes: Ventilated discs
Rear brakes: Disc
Assisting systems: ABS (Anti-lock braking system)
Steering type: Steering rack and pinion
Power steering: Hydraulic Steering
Tyres size: 195/55 ZR 15

Based on the turbocharged 2.0 Litre Rover Engine.
Acceleration 0 - 100 km/h: 6.6 sec
Acceleration 0 - 62 mph: 6.6 sec
Maximum speed: 240 km/h/149.13 mph
Weight-to-power ratio: 5.9 kg/Hp, 168.8 Hp/tonne
Weight-to-torque ratio: 5 kg/Nm, 200 Nm/tonne

Last edited:
Just so you're aware, this doesn't belong in the thread title. "Tomcat" was a development codename and something by which enthusiasts have referred to it subsequently, but the car's official name was "Rover 200 Coupe" (and later "Rover Coupe" when updated in 1996) and never Tomcat.

However, that's also the name for the range only, and if that's what you're nominating then... that's fine. We do request that users are as specific as possible, and the three engines to which you refer gave the cars different names too - Rover 216 Coupe, Rover 220 Coupe, and Rover 220 Coupe Turbo - but if you're fine with any of them from the range then there's no further issue.

Fun fact, your picture shows a pair of "Tomcat Affair" vehicles prepped by Rover to make some attempts at class speed/endurance records, shot at Millbrook in 1992. Among other things, Rover removed the wing mirrors, which was also the only way the 220 Coupe Turbo could hit the claimed 150mph top speed :lol:

Just so you're aware, this doesn't belong in the thread title. "Tomcat" was a development codename and something by which enthusiasts have referred to it subsequently, but the car's official name was "Rover 200 Coupe" (and later "Rover Coupe" when updated in 1996) and never Tomcat.

However, that's also the name for the range only, and if that's what you're nominating then... that's fine. We do request that users are as specific as possible, and the three engines to which you refer gave the cars different names too - Rover 216 Coupe, Rover 220 Coupe, and Rover 220 Coupe Turbo - but if you're fine with any of them from the range then there's no further issue.

Fun fact, your picture shows a pair of "Tomcat Affair" vehicles prepped by Rover to make some attempts at class speed/endurance records, shot at Millbrook in 1992. Among other things, Rover removed the wing mirrors, which was also the only way the 220 Coupe Turbo could hit the claimed 150mph top speed :lol:
Hello,

I have corrected the entry, thank you for the clarification.

Also I’m really grateful for the additional information.

Me and my dad both have the Rover 216 Coupe variant (Honda D16Y8 engines). We are huge fans of the model.

I’m currently K24 swapping mine and preparing it for track use.

My dream basically is to have it in game so I can try different setups and get even more experience there.

Have a lovely day/evening. :)

Back