Ruf ctr2 '96 4wd?

arab2nv
Hey everyone I just bought the RUF CTR2 '96 and well it's meant to be a 4WD but it's driving like one hell of a front wheel drive :| is that how the torque is really distributed in the real car or is that just a mistake by Polyphony?

Everyone has been complaining that this car plows and understeers like crazy. I have only driven mine once around the Nurburgring and I thought it was the most well behaved of any of my Rufs. I don't know if it is just that I am used to a lot of understeer or what, but I thought it was really well balanced.

Everyone has been complaining that this car plows and understeers like crazy. I have only driven mine once around the Nurburgring and I thought it was the most well behaved of any of my Rufs. I don't know if it is just that I am used to a lot of understeer or what, but I thought it was really well balanced.

Agreed. It's as neutral as an RGT, but it's so quick once on boost that it may lead some to think it doesn't handle as well as it should. When driven smoothly, it's brutally fast.

I think it's a great car it handle great and when on boost it's a machine but I was expecting a little more rear wheel torque for a car so tail happy

Last edited:
I don't remember if I had this in GT4 or GT3, but I thought it handled extremely bad at the time. So far I have an RGT, CTR Yellowbird and a BTR. Haven't driven any of them yet though.

Out the box, its power-on understeer all the time. Slap on a diff-distributer(30:70) and it handles like a Gallardo; lift-off oversteer controllable with some throttle. Its needs a smooth hand to get the best out of it.

I don't remember if I had this in GT4 or GT3, but I thought it handled extremely bad at the time. So far I have an RGT, CTR Yellowbird and a BTR. Haven't driven any of them yet though.

They're all great cars. The Flat-6s sound pretty good on a decent sound system. A couple of the cars just require some delicate handling.

The RGT is a stable, fast, and very well-mannered car -- no drama. Point it where you want to go, and put your foot down.

The BTR is a bit of a handful in high speed sweepers and some fast mid-speed switchbacks, especially when the track is bumpy. It's fairly low power (for a turbo Ruf) helps you keep things in check. A GT Auto wing makes things only slightly less sketchy.

The Yellowbird is a bit of a monster, with substantial turbo power and great brakes, crammed into a sketchy drivetrain layout. Power-on over and understeer. Lift-off over and understeer. Braking over and understeer. It's 1,100kg of rape that doesn't just bite the hand that feeds it... it cuts off your man parts and feeds them to you.

If I remember correctly, Porsches (and by extension RR RUFs) are famously scary to drive fast because of the lift-oversteer. Also, with the engine in the back, there's going to be less weight in the front pushing the front wheels down.

Back