RUF tunes BTR and CTR2

• Thread starter VinceNoir-
  • 26 comments
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and figured I'd share some of my Porsche tunes. I have all the Ruf's and will post what I'm using as I tweak em. A first word of caution though, regardless of how well tuned they are, all the 911s have their own style of handling different than any other car I've felt in this game.

The best I've run the BTR is a 7:45 Nurburgring and it wasn't a clean run, so the car is definitely capable of more. I have it tuned to about 630HP. It feels just like you're in the CTR Yellowbird hot lap video thats been jumping around the forums.

BTR
F / R
RH -19 / -13
SR 12.0 / 14.5
DE 7 / 5
DC 4 / 3
ARB 5 / 5

CA -0.6 / -1.0
TA 0.0 / 0.20

LSD 40/35/30

Trans 211

Brakes 10 / 4

Now onto the 4WD CTR2

F / R
RH -25 / -19
SR 13.0 / 15.5
DE 7 / 5
DC 4 / 3
ARB 3 / 5

CA -2.2 / -1.0
TA 0.0 / 0.20

LSD 35/40/35

Center Dif 30 / 70

Trans 217

Brakes 9 / 4

I can consistently run the CTR2 ~10secs faster around the nurburgring than the BTR but nothing makes up for the borderline out-of-control feel the BTR and Yellowbird give.

Let me know what people think, a lot of people complain of understeer on the CTR2 but I don't see the problem myself.

I think the biggest part about driving these cars is just getting a feel for their totally different characteristics. A buddy of mine who can smoke me in any other car in this game can't make a clean lap in any Ruf/Porsche for the life of him.

Let me know what you all think of the tunes, I'm in the process of tweaking my Boxster 3400s, then I will be working on maxing out the Yellowbird and RGT.

Thanks!

Hey I am a HUGE Porsche enthusiast myself. I keep the BTR AND RGT as my 400hp cars
but i was having a problem tuning the BTR. With your tuning its able to keep up with the RGT now thanks alot!!!

On the BTR you might be able to soften the spring rate in the rear a bit, and lower the ARB setting in the rear as well. This in conjunction with tightening up the front (or just leaving it), might make the car just a little less "out of control."

I have a 964 generation 911 that I've run over the last 2 years doing time trials, and actually got the car to handle better with a softer rear sway bar. I also have adjustable shocks, and run the rears just a little softer than the fronts.

Ideally you can settle the back down with these settings, and then lower the LSD settings to get more acceleration response coming out of turns.

I definitely think the RUF cars are some of the best to drive in gt5, they each have their own little challenges. I just got the RGT last night and honestly it seems to have some pretty nice handling at stock. Have you guys tweeked your RGT much?

I've got a 700hp yellowbird that i used a tune from a yellowbird thread that i've won some extreme races with, but i've also got a stock yellowbird which is amazingly fun to try get around Nurb with. Something about how you slide through corners that makes it so much more fun than being on rails in a Ferrari.

Here is my tune for my RGT

404hp 1170kg

F/R
RH -20 / -20
SR 8.6 / 11.3
DE 5 / 5
DC 5 / 5
ARB 4 / 5

CA -1.0 / -1.5
TA 0.0 / 0.10

Trans 199

Brakes 9 / 4

Might not work for every1 but I have been smoking everyone online in 400hp races. This is not final by any means either still working on it but its pretty nice so far.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and figured I'd share some of my Porsche tunes. I have all the Ruf's and will post what I'm using as I tweak em. A first word of caution though, regardless of how well tuned they are, all the 911s have their own style of handling different than any other car I've felt in this game.

The best I've run the BTR is a 7:45 Nurburgring and it wasn't a clean run, so the car is definitely capable of more. I have it tuned to about 630HP. It feels just like you're in the CTR Yellowbird hot lap video thats been jumping around the forums.

BTR
F / R
RH -19 / -13
SR 12.0 / 14.5
DE 7 / 5
DC 4 / 3
ARB 5 / 5

CA -0.6 / -1.0
TA 0.0 / 0.20

LSD 40/35/30

Trans 211

Brakes 10 / 4

Now onto the 4WD CTR2

F / R
RH -25 / -19
SR 13.0 / 15.5
DE 7 / 5
DC 4 / 3
ARB 3 / 5

CA -2.2 / -1.0
TA 0.0 / 0.20

LSD 35/40/35

Center Dif 30 / 70

Trans 217

Brakes 9 / 4

I can consistently run the CTR2 ~10secs faster around the nurburgring than the BTR but nothing makes up for the borderline out-of-control feel the BTR and Yellowbird give.

Let me know what people think, a lot of people complain of understeer on the CTR2 but I don't see the problem myself.

I think the biggest part about driving these cars is just getting a feel for their totally different characteristics. A buddy of mine who can smoke me in any other car in this game can't make a clean lap in any Ruf/Porsche for the life of him.

Let me know what you all think of the tunes, I'm in the process of tweaking my Boxster 3400s, then I will be working on maxing out the Yellowbird and RGT.

Thanks!
I'm using your CTR tune.World of difference, thanks.👍

Just ran a 7:35 with my RGT and the tune above

nrburgringnordschleife1z.jpg

and there was a lot of room for improvement so ill keep you guys updated

Last edited:
Awesome, i'm going to try it out when i get home, any upgrades to your RGT?

Do you agree the RGT handles the best out of the RUFs?

Just ran a 7:23.27 im falling in love with this car more and more

and yah so far i would have to say it handles the best.

I did full weight upgrades and chassis reinforcement
sports intake manifold
sports exhaust manifold
titanium exhaust
all the drivetrain stuff you can and suspension

which makes me end up with 403hp 1170kg

**Just found another RGT in my used lot so im gunna work on a more high powered ver

Last edited:
So I tweaked your BTR settings to my style and on my first clean lap of Nurb I already managed a 7:40.66. Its a whole different animal then my RGT hah but I think thats why I love it.

My BTR has 394HP 1062kg

nrburgringnordschleifeb.jpg

nrburgringnordschleifeb.jpg

BTR

394HP 1062kg

F / R
RH -24 / -18
SR 12.0 / 14.5
DE 7 / 5
DC 7 / 5
ARB 2 / 3

CA -1.5 / -3.0
TA 0.0 / 0.20

LSD 20/20/35

Trans 211

Brakes 4 / 5

Thanks for all the tunes guys! Great to see Porsche enthusiasts here.

I've been collecting the RUF's as well. They are such fun cars to drive. I look forward to trying your settings as soon as my Bspec Bob finishes his endurance race :-)

Dude, you made the BTR usable again!
I was so disappointed in that car when I bought it.
After my initial testing I never drove it again, even though it was a car I was so looking forward to buying.
I just did you tune and it's like a whole new car.
I can't believe how bad PD has some of these cars setup initially.
I have my own test course I made that I test all my cars on for a base comparison. The best I could manage with the RUF was 2:14, but after your tune I ripped of a 2:02 on my first try. And I am sure if I took some time and put in some laps I could go sub-2:00. That's an amazing improvement.
The only thing I'm still not happy with are the brakes. They just don't feel as strong as they should be. Afterall, if there is one thing Porsche is known for, it's world renowned brakes. And then to have a RUF upgrade on top of that? This car should stop on a dime. Unfortunately, we are extremely limited with what we can do with brakes in GT5.

Just ran a 7:23.27 im falling in love with this car more and more

and yah so far i would have to say it handles the best.

I did full weight upgrades and chassis reinforcement
sports intake manifold
sports exhaust manifold
titanium exhaust
all the drivetrain stuff you can and suspension

which makes me end up with 403hp 1170kg

**Just found another RGT in my used lot so im gunna work on a more high powered ver

mate i used the rgt tune over the weekend i think i had like 418 hp, but that was the only difference. It's so nice to drive, very smooth and fast through corners. I did the polyphony digital cup on expert using it and smashed the other cars with like 500hp. Need to take it around nurb a few times to see what times i can get.

Anymore updates from other porsche users?

I've been driving my BTR non-stop on the 'Ring for the past 2 days, I love it! It wasn't the case when I first bought it though, the back end was all over the place and I felt like I had to drive like on eggshells. I might be imagining it, but it felt even more snappy than my Yellowbird.

From stock (with oil change), all I modified to make it drivable was to throw on an aftermarket wing and some sport soft tyres in the vain of Rauh Welt. Suspension and diff is completely stock, and yet it's very settled and drivable now, and still has a little of the wild RUF character as you can still get the tail out with your right foot. I'm sure tweaking suspension settings and LSD could make it more neutral and faster, but personally I can't think of a more fun drive around the Nordschleife with clutch and H-pattern.

Driving somewhat conservatively, I'm lapping it around the 7:32 mark. I'll give it a go tomorrow with some aggression and see what times I can muster. I might also add a little power as it's lacking in the high speed sections.

I've taken some photos drifting around the 'Ring here

Last edited:
as much as i love the RGT and how amazing it handles i cant stop myself from trying to tame the BTR there is just something about driving it right that you cant stop.

Here is my tune for my RGT
404hp 1170kg
F/R
RH -20 / -20
SR 8.6 / 11.3
DE 5 / 5
DC 5 / 5
ARB 4 / 5
CA -1.0 / -1.5
TA 0.0 / 0.10
Trans 199
Brakes 9 / 4

Came across this just a few moments ago, hopefully I'm not too late to join the discussion.

I'm a noob here and If there's a job as a fence polisher at Nordschleife I'll probably win the job, just putting this out there.

But as far as my understanding about cars. A general rule about Rear Engine cars is that you will have max grip with your rear wheel when going in and out of the corner... If setup right, that is.

In this setup, with the break power front > back and with the spring rate setup this way. You will constantly shift your weight to your front wheel when breaking, so everytime you get into the corner, your rear wheel floats and tries to run faster than your front wheel, then you get a spun out.

If my memory was correct, I was able to use my RGT run a 7:20 in Nordschleife during the Schwarzwald League B(so, not rolling start and start from 7th place.) , and I had a relatively huge spun out by the end of the race. I'll post my settings if you need me to.

Try to adjust the springs harder in the front,(firmer in both front and back, too. Under this setting at Nordschleife you will be driving like a stuntman if you touched the chicane.) adjust the break to about F/R 7/6 or a 6/5 depending on how much breaking power you need. Toe out a bit if you like oversteer. I think it'll be easier to drive.

Just my 2 cents, like I said, I'm a fence polisher at Nordschleife 👍

Do you guys think the BTR tune would work well on the yellowbird with it being the same basic car albeit narrow bodied not wide bodied version of the 911

you guys using under 500hp?

i just put the 2 tunes(though 2nd tune lsd is confusing slightly) from the OP and only tested the CTR2 and although good car, even with racing mediums it can be a bit of a handeful :odd:, i have every upgrade too, so 590hp 1214kg...

my BTR is fully tuned too with over 600hp & between 1000-1100kg, but i havnt tested that tune out though yet..

On the BTR you might be able to soften the spring rate in the rear a bit, and lower the ARB setting in the rear as well. This in conjunction with tightening up the front (or just leaving it), might make the car just a little less "out of control."

I have a 964 generation 911 that I've run over the last 2 years doing time trials, and actually got the car to handle better with a softer rear sway bar. I also have adjustable shocks, and run the rears just a little softer than the fronts.

Ideally you can settle the back down with these settings, and then lower the LSD settings to get more acceleration response coming out of turns.

You're right about softening the spring rates in the rear. or softening the compression setting. when suspension is stiff the body doesn't roll, and the traction is easier to break loose, (at least in the BTR) so when the rear suspension is softer the body will roll more in the corners and the traction will break loose less, especially upon initial corner entry/exit.
these settings are definately not set in stone, as everyone has their own techniques and preferences with tuning, but these worked very well for me. i even drove it in a lobby once and one jokester was following me, saying, "i'm going to see how long it takes for this guy to spin out in this BTR!" i then shocked him by driving an entirely clean lap. He was in a corvette zr1 c6 06 and he spun out a few times himself.

Yeah, softer is better in this car. A little bit of body roll goes a long way. I've been pretty successful racing online with my BTR...however it really depends on the track. Here's a great battle between the BTR and a 240RS (the street version of Nissan's Group-B rally car). Both are tuned for 450pp so the BTR is using power reduction. I could clearly outbrake the 240RS and I had more grip in the corners. It basically came down to the draft. On the last series of turns I tried to overtake but spun the wheels. Gentle inputs are required at all times. Jerking the wheel or mashing the gas pedal is not forgiving at all. I enjoy the challenge though.

hp 415
weight 1062
pp 517
racing soft f r
no wing,

I was looking for a 400hp car, this one caught my eye, I tried your tune, much better than stock but i still was fighting the car to keep it from sliding. Your driving style vs mine, we have two different animals. Not saying one style is better than the other. Just different. I try to late break, coast to the apex and then on the throttle.
Best i could do with your set up on Deep Forest was 1:18.665.

Here is my set up, looks very odd i Know, but try it and let me know.

Deep Forest 1:15.250

LSD 20 45 20
height -5 -30
spring 12.3 7.5
exten 3 6
comprsn 6 4
roll bars 6 2
camber 5 2.0
toe .00 .20
brake 7 5

Still a work in progress, The rear bites coming out of the turns, but will slip if you give to much throttle. I am not sure how to tune the transmission properly so i left it alone. Hopefully some one will try this and offer up some more tweaking to get the time even lower.

I've been playing with these as some people have noticed for quite sometime. It has been an enigma, trying this and that.

What I've found from playing many sim type games along with actually driving a 930 RS along with a friend's 964 89 RS America is that like a previous user stated, loose on the springs and a well balanced but soft dampening. Balanced being about the same on the comp and ext side. However I found by loosening the ext on the rear a tad it gives a little for the rear to work for you on the weight transfer.

The default spring dimensions are way too stiff as they don't make the car transfer easy between transitions if the road isn't fairly flat, like Nurburgring.

Also the Porsches main weapon is the gobs of torque for a light car, gear accordingly.

Last edited:
My settings if you care to take a gander:

BTR '86

LSD 9 25 11
height -27 -24
spring 5.8 10.5
exten 4 3-2
comprsn 4 4
roll bars 4 3
camber 2.4 2.8
toe .03 .05
brake 4 2

Down force (Yes wing*):

450-500 PP
5 (lowest with wing)

525 PP
11-13

570+ PP
17-20
Tract 0
ABS 3-4

Gears I'll give you this:

Final 3.459

*Note if I don't want to run without a wing I use my Yellowbird's (yes Plural)

3x BTR

3x CTR

1x CTR2

3x RGT

1x 4300

As a note I feel the BTR is the best "club racing" car, not to say the GTR's of various years along with many other cars following close behind in this regard.

"Club Racing" - racing within a certain parameter or standard accepted by community at large; examples 500, 505, 525, 550, 575, 600PP, etc etc

Back