picture.php

Pic coming soon, if you want to take one, go ahead.​

Rules & Race Info

• Time Trial > World Circuits > Laguna Seca
  • Arcade Mode Time Trial - Single Lap
  • Power: 0% (463 HP)
  • Weight: -10% (1035 kg)
  • Tire Type: N3 (Road)
  • Driving aids prohibited, transmission mode is open.
  • Standard OLR cleanliness rules apply: Two wheels must be in contact with the track at all times; click here for clean track rules; no contact with walls allowed at any time.
  • You may only discuss split times (ie T1 and T2) in the thread unless otherwise noted, final times must be submitted by PM to me (LancerEvo7GSR) before 8:00 PM EDT (12:00AM GMT) on Sunday, October 25.
  • In the unlikely event that I request proof of a time, a picture is all that is needed unless I request further proof (a video) to ensure the lap was clean.
  • Points will be awarded by finishing position, with 10 points for the winner, 8 for 2nd place, 6 for 3rd, and one point less for each position from there.

Point Standings
Code:
Austin343  - 10pts
MarkWebber - 8pts
viperin    - 6pts
oldmodelt  - 5pts

Splits
Code:
Austin343     - 23.027 44.736 1'08.182
LancerEvo7GSR - 24.151 46.731 1'11.394
oldmodelt     - 26.067 49.583 1'15.771

Results
Code:
Austin343     - 1'31.436
LancerEvo7GSR - 1'35.300
viperin       - 1'36.734

Last edited:
I think this track is a good fit for the car. 👍 That doesn't mean that getting a good lap will be easy, though! :crazy: It's narrow, so there isn't much margin for error, and for some reason, it really punishes small mistakes in any car you drive. And, as everyone knows, it's very easy to make mistakes in this car.

An initial fifteen-lap session netted a 23.027 - 44.736 - 1'08.182. I imagine that a perfect lap would be about a second faster, but as I said, small mistakes lose a lot of time. This lap wasn't bad, but it certainly was ugly, and I did make errors in some corners. The inability to perfect a lap because of the number of corners makes me believe I have no chance to catch the alien this week.

^Thats why I picked this track, be glad though, it was originally going to be a two lap time trial.

Austin, theres only 2 more corners than that of Deep Forest race way reverse, and I'd hardly consider myself the favourite when analyzing the fact that I got beaten by half a second last round. You have a big advantage in this competition because you possess the DS2, a controller that allows you to implement zero steering lock instantly, useful for trail braking in an attempt to induce a drift, and also to accurately correct or countersteer a drift without too much work and effort, sure the wheel can be somewhat competitive, but not as much as the DS2, keep that in mind my friend, having said that, I will still compete in this race as I enjoy Laguna Seca

I agree Laguna seca is a great track, very challenging but very satisfying when you get it right.:)
As for the Yellowbird here, well that might be a different story.:scared:
As I am not in the same league as our esteemed leaders, I find the biggest barrier to satisfactory times when using a DS2 ( as I am currently using ) is the dreadful snap oversteer that occurs seemingly without reason.:grumpy:
Obviously a mistake ( sometimes only a slight one ) has been made but the consequences are certainly dire.
As I am no fan of drifting and much prefer "grip" driving this leads to a modicum of frustration.
I have recently set up a DFP wheel on my new PC / Games centre and I am still getting used to it.I found I was unable to use it effectively at DF.
Do you think perhaps the weight reduction aspect of the setup has somehow upset the balance of the Car further making its usual rear weight bias even more obtrusive ?
Discuss.

Probably, that's why I didn't add more power. Hmmm... *has idea* Better save it for the second to last round :sly:

I knew I forgot something in my last post. The legal surfaces are a bit strange right at the beginning of a lap: the vast black area to the right would be allowed (although I'm not sure how useful it is), and so is the pit exit to the left. The problem there is that if you venture completely past the white line, the lap is discounted, as you can see when the blue/red comparison splits do not appear and the ghost replay of the lap crashes in the first turn (from what I've heard). So can you verify that we may use both? Also, are we allowed to knock over the little braking markers to the side of the road?

Dan/holl01/MarkWebber (should I just pick one?), using the DS2 is a double-edged sword. Of course it has a huge advantage when you execute a lap perfectly, but when you make a mistake, you lose much more time and usually crash, so you're likely to either win by a large margin or lose by a large margin. And I have to think that the advantage of having green blood outweighs the disadvantage of using a wheel. ;)

Well, I couldn't keep this thing on the track at all, best T1 was a 22.827 which I was chuffed with! but after that the laps a complete mess lol, be back later.

Have put in a few laps. Nothing spectacular. Just basic slip and slide fun. Much more challenging for me because of the angle of the corners.

edit: 26.067 - 49.583 -1'15.771

Last edited:
Last night, I tried again, but I just don't think I'm going to do better. I once had a 22.847 - 44.635, but then threw it away at the Corkscrew, which is extremely difficult to do correctly in this car. Later, I was slightly faster at T2 and then ran off at the horrible left-hand turn immediately following the split. I just can't string more than a couple of great corners together, and when I'm pushing hard enough to get any great corners at all, I'm extremely vulnerable to crashing.

Vulnerable to crashing is an understatement !

Having said that I managed what I thought was a decent lap, fairly conservative, as is my wont so it will not bother the Gun drivers, but I did manage a perfect job of the Corkscrew :)

That made my round I can tell you.

I am way behind producing and uploading videos but I will catch up soon.

Good luck all,

Later.

Time Trial > Original Circuits > Deep Forest Raceway > Reverse
You may only discuss split times (ie T1 and T2) in the thread unless otherwise noted, final times must be submitted by PM to me (LancerEvo7GSR) before 8:00 PM EDT (12:00AM GMT) on Sunday, October 11.

Might want to clarify the above. When is the deadline?

Whoops, I copied and pasted the Deep Forest Post 3 or 4 times, I must've edited the wrong one. Deadline is tonight 👍

Congratulations to all of the podium times. :P I wish holl01 had come up with a completed lap, but only his apparent forgetting about this race allowed a less-than-stellar lap by me to take the top spot. Here's the video, anyway:

The first sector could have been faster, and often was faster, but the middle of the lap was basically good. The final sector was fairly poor, though; I was too cautious and slow in the turn at T3, and the unintentional touching of the dirt before the final corner ruined my speed and my line. It could have been worse, though, and this was a pretty good lap overall considering the lack of success of all of my other attempts.

viperin, your only problem is that you're driving this car way too sensibly. :P Just forget about real life when you're driving it, and let it slide; a mild "drift" is reasonably easy to control. Your lines and braking points are simply far too realistic for you to be able to set really fast times in this car.

Back