picture.php

round4pic.jpg

Rules & Race Info

• Time Trial > Dirt & Snow > Swiss Alps > Reverse
  • Arcade Mode Time Trial - Single Lap
  • Power: 0% (463 HP)
  • Weight: -10% (1035 kg)
  • Tire Type: D (Dirt)
  • Driving aids prohibited, transmission mode is open.
  • Standard OLR cleanliness rules apply: Two wheels must be in contact with the track at all times; no contact with walls allowed at any time. Any surface is track.
  • You may only discuss split times (ie T1 and T2) in the thread unless otherwise noted, final times must be submitted by PM to me (LancerEvo7GSR) before 7:00 PM EDT (12:00AM GMT) on Sunday, November 22.
  • In the unlikely event that I request proof of a time, a picture is all that is needed unless I request further proof (a video) to ensure the lap was clean.
  • Points will be awarded by finishing position, with 10 points for the winner, 8 for 2nd place, 6 for 3rd, and one point less for each position from there.

Point Standings (Pre-Race)
Code:
Austin343     - 31pts
viperin       - 18pts
MarkWebber    - 8pts
LancerEvo7GSR - 8pts
MadMax86      - 8pts
oldmodelt     - 5pts

Enjoy guys, I hope you have fun for a rare GTP rally race!

This is insane! The car spins out when you try to drive like you normally would on dirt regardless of your gear selection. In third or higher, the engine bogs and inertia carries the back of the car past the front, and in second, wheelspin causes a traction loss that produces the same result. As a consequence, the time that any of us will achieve will be a monumental amount slower than the time the car can do. I have splits, though (and yes, they do all end in 0!):

28.390 - 51.000 - 1'12.530

Please hold submissions to around 1 PM GMT, I need to empty my PM inbox and am about to call it a night.

EDIT: Submissions welcome, deadline extended until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Go ahead, I won't start the next round until after Thanksgiving, so I'll take submissions until then :)

I am most terrible sorry I have missed this entirely, I did not realise this had started up again.

I normally keep an eye out for the thread title but somehow totally missed noticing.

I will bang out a few laps tonight on the off chance I can still enter a time.

Edit - Funnily enough, of all the rounds so far this is the one I have enjoyed the most.
Probably because at least on dirt you have half a chance of controlling a slide without going into terminal snap oversteer.
A nice wide track do not hurt either !!!

Times submitted.

Edit - Video produced for those interested - http://www.box.net/shared/static/12co77ssmx.mpg

Last edited:
Back