• Thread starter Tsukishima
  • 11 comments
Uruguay
Rivera
Tsukishima-TDUDT
JDMw4Ba.png
Saab 9-5 2.8T '10
JDMw4Ba.png

1024px-Saab_9-5_2.0_TiD_Vector_(II)_–_Frontansicht_(1),_13._März_2011,_Wuppertal.jpg

The Saab 9-5 was an executive car produced by the Swedish automobile maker Saab Automobile. The first generation 9-5 was introduced in 1997 as the replacement to the Saab 9000 for the 1998 model year. At the time, the car represented a great leap forward for Saab.

The second generation 9-5 Sedan marked an all-new era for Saab when it was the first model revealed after the Swedish brand went under Spyker’s ownership, it also came with a new design, inspired by both Aero X and Saab heritage. The Saab 9-5 Sedan made its world debut at the 2010 Frankfurt Motor Show.

The car comes with a variety of engine options with the base model having a 1.6-lite engine that can produce up to 180 hp. On the other end of the spectrum, is a 9-5 that comes with a 2.8-liter turbo V6 engine that puts out approximately 300 hp. While engines may differ depending on which version of the car you get, all 9-5 sedans do come with the six-speed tranny in either stick-shift or semi-automatic.

Specs:
saab.png

13972740321_c21a415682_b.jpg

1024px-2011_Saab_9-5_UWS.jpg

1024px-SAAB_9-5,_2011.jpg

Last edited:
The second generation 9-5 Sedan marked an all-new era for Saab when it was the first model revealed after the Swedish brand went under Koenigsegg’s ownership, it also came with a new design, inspired by both Aero X and Saab heritage. The Saab 9-5 Sedan made its world debut at the 2010 Frankfurt Motor Show.

It was Spyker, not Koenigsegg :)

Yeah I would love this but with the Aero package, and no I will not do a separate thread with it because it has the same engine haha :P Or must I? :confused:

2011-saab-9-5-aero-turbo-6-front-three-quarters-static.jpg
2011-saab-9-5-aero-turbo-6-rear-three-quarters-static.jpg

Last edited:
It was Spyker, not Koenigsegg :)
And that batch of information came from a source I usually rely on, Topspeed.com.
ICIgeRO.gif

Well, thanks for spotting it, text is fixed now. :)

Yeah I would love this but with the Aero package, and no I will not do a separate thread with it because it has the same engine haha :P Or must I? :confused:

2011-saab-9-5-aero-turbo-6-front-three-quarters-static.jpg
2011-saab-9-5-aero-turbo-6-rear-three-quarters-static.jpg
What would be the difference between both cars anyway? :odd:

What would be the difference between both cars anyway? :odd:
The Aero has sport chassis, and more sporty/luxury interior than the car in your op, but in general the same car so therefor I ask if a new thread is a must or not :P

The Aero has sport chassis, and more sporty/luxury interior than the car in your op, but in general the same car so therefor I ask if a new thread is a must or not :P
Looking at how this section of the forum has been lately, it's probably better to avoid creating a thread for it, some people will certainly moan about it.

I have a real soft spot for this 9-5. I like the styling which is different to it's usual German competitors and because it was the last SAAB you got to feel something for it.

Looking at how this section of the forum has been lately, it's probably better to avoid creating a thread for it, some people will certainly moan about it.
Yeah maybe so, but it's sad because the Aero is more cool or good looking than the ordinary 2.8T :P

Back