Safety carF1 2010-2016 

Someone told me there is safety-car-option available in harder difficulty level. Even its all setting hard, opponent skill is professional, when I cause accident just to see the safety car coming out or not. Unfortunatelly not. and I didnt see ANY options to switch on/off safety car. So there is Safety Car in the game? whats the correct difficulty level for it? thanks for advice .

Short weekend, and full distance races, and everything on realistic situation. I like to play as real as possible, but safety car doesn't come out yet & I playing four straight day with F12011.

I'm on hard difficulty and 20% races and haven't seen the safety car yet either. I wonder if it's a bug in the game where it won't come out if you crash but will if the AI has a hard crash or something, like every single Nascar game out there lol. Unless of course other people have seen the safety car no problem.

I had a safety car come out on my first race at Melbourne when I spun out and caused pile up in the first corner.
Other than that I had another one come up in Shanghai when AI crashed somewhere else on track.
(PC)

think the saftey car only comes out when its a bad crash like a pile up at the 1st corner ^ LOL , a car has to be blocking the racing line in some way or like a crash with + 3 cars. It won't come out If you hit one car or spin out or something must be an epic crash lol.

Oh man.. Than the professional drivers and AI's dont even will see safetycar on the track so far. one reason I bought f12011 coz of the safety car . otherwise I have f12010 i could play with that still. Graphics is better , they had time to develop f1 game. with patch hopefully will resolv a 'more sensitive accidents' for yellow flag period. even just a spin out.

No safety car here yet through 6 career races. Just finally got the first local yellow at Monaco when Rossburg spun out in front of me coming out of the right hander before the tunnel. AI on legend so far don't seem to make too many mistakes let alone spin or crash.

I would be interested to know what the safety car statistics look like for the past two seasons of real F1 racing. By that I mean the number of appearances in total, and the total number of races where the safety car appeared at least once.

I would be interested to know what the safety car statistics look like for the past two seasons of real F1 racing. By that I mean the number of appearances in total, and the total number of races where the safety car appeared at least once.

Well, while watching Singapore qualifying there has been 5 safety cars in 3 years if I remember correctly. That'll get ya started.:)

Heres a nice read up on safety car deployments.

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2011/9/12542.html

Last edited:
Well, while watching Singapore qualifying there has been 5 safety cars in 3 years if I remember correctly. That'll get ya started.:)

Heres a nice read up on safety car deployments.

http://www.formula1.com/news/features/2011/9/12542.html

Right, but that's Singapore, probably the most annoying (for the drivers, and the brakes) and technical track in the schedule. Anyway, good links guys.

I was actually posted because I think too many people in this thread are expecting the safety car to appear more frequently than it would in real life.

Right, but that's Singapore, probably the most annoying (for the drivers, and the brakes) and technical track in the schedule. Anyway, good links guys.

I was actually posted because I think too many people in this thread are expecting the safety car to appear more frequently than it would in real life.

Did you read further down the article?

It shows 2010 had 21 SC's in 12 races. There has been 75 SC's in 117 races since 2001. SC has led the equivialent of 8 GP's distance since 2001. Theres much more too that article than just Singapore.👍

Last edited:

Yes but dont forget not everyone is professional like you or real F1 drivers, so it can be expected the safety car coming out more frequently coz lots amateur drivers players playing F12011 more mistakes can occur. Computer controlled Safety car can't decide which is the serious accident , or light spin out, so this is one the hard part to develop thats also true.

Did you read further down the article? It shows stats for the past ten years and some other stats I can't remember.

Yes, I read it, but I'm not sure what you are getting at. If anything those numbers work in favor of what I'm proposing, which is that people are expecting the safety car too often.

And those numbers can be misleading, because they are based on percentages of total laps. There's a difference however, between safety car lap percentages at tracks like Singapore and Monaco compared to tracks like Monza and Silverstone.

Yes but dont forget not everyone is professional like you or real F1 drivers, so it can be expected the safety car coming out more frequently coz lots amateur drivers players playing F12011 more mistakes can occur. Computer controlled Safety car can't decide which is the serious accident , or light spin out, so this is one the hard part to develop thats also true.

I'm actually glad I haven't had a safety car yet. Would like to see it though.:lol: That makes no sense does it.:dunce:

I agree its a fine line to program the safety car in a game.

@Zilla I'm getting at post #10 in which you were asking for real F1 safety car stats. I'm just trying to answer your question.👍

I didnt think it was in any doubt.

I had one in my second race, 20% at Montreal which was caused by a backmarker going off in the wet.

Is the safety car on in career? I ask as there is no setting like in GP and multiplayer.

During races I've got yellow flags (CAUTION ACCIDENT AHEAD) for 5 seconds and changed to Green Flag again. Just like in the 2010 version. I started to think the Mercedes SLS AMG is too LAZY to come out .

I crashed enough at Montreal to bring out the safety car imo but guess not lol. Man does anyone think this game is harder than last years version? I'm on hard difficulty and cannot seem to crack the top ten in a race....lol.

I crashed enough at Montreal to bring out the safety car imo but guess not lol. Man does anyone think this game is harder than last years version? I'm on hard difficulty and cannot seem to crack the top ten in a race....lol.

I think it's harder than last year, but so far I have run three Grand Prix (non-career) and took 1st place each time fairly comfortably in the Ferrari.

Has anyone tried set up a GP (not career) with extremely heavy rain so Race Control force a Safety Car start? Is it even possible? Like Canada this year and Korean GP last year?

Let me give it a try tonight.

I think it's harder than last year, but so far I have run three Grand Prix (non-career) and took 1st place each time fairly comfortably in the Ferrari.

I am currently at Spa in my career ( first season ) and I am doing a 50% race here. My teammate Barichello ( sp? ) spun out right in front of me and took out at least one other driver and no safety car lol.

Anyways I am loving this game. On hard difficulty I am currently 7th in points 👍 I'm going to keep it at hard to get that trophy, hopefully sometime in the next 5 seasons lol.

Ah man, I hit the wall at 180 mph or so and had terminal damage to my car on lap 15 at Spa. So mad lol. Next is Monza!

Last edited:
Back