Saleen to make Limited Edition S7 LM

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 24 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
the new version is slated to pack that same 7.0-liter twin-turbo V8. But this time it projected to produce 1,000 hp, or nearly twice the original's output. Only seven examples will be made in honor of Saleen's seven-year winning streak in a variety of racing series that started in 1996 – now 20 years ago.
Carscoops

Saleen-S7_LM.jpg

The previous car had already seen 1,000Hp out of the Competition model, though.

That said, I'm interested in seeing how this does. Technology has moved forward quite a bit & the original run were underrated. This could be a monster of a car.

It's a gorgeous shape, but it's somewhat of a mystery car. Here in Europe, it's pretty much unknown outside of GT racing.

Together with the Viper GTS, the Saleen is one of my all time favourite American supercars.

Like the S7 👍 But come on this car would get eaten up by the P1, LAfarrari, 918, or the One :)
I would certainly hope so considering the youngest S7 built is a decade old now.

This will probably have no problem matching those cars in a straight line, or coming close enough. The original S7 TT was good for a 3 second 0-60 and mid 10's in the quarter mile. Car's down force had a lot hype as well, but obviously never fully put to test.
They still make those? I'm surprised.
This is more of a tribute like what Jaguar is doing with the E-Types, it seems. They went out of production in 2006.

The reflection also looks to be red. :confused:
Even above the front fenders you can see the leftovers of whatever they photoshopped to create this image. It's the same phantom red ghost of Saleens past.

You know, I've always liked the Saleen S7. So I think this is very cool seeing one of my personal favorite 2000s cars get this 2010s limited edition run. Silver is a nice color for this car. However, I'd prefer a Sapphire Blue or some Candy Apple Red for it to go with the blacked out accents.

I saw this car in person. Looks like regular S7, but it has 1300 horsepower... :eek:

Back