Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Next Race 10/12, 400km Le Mans (No Chicane), Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

Hey guys hope you enjoy your Mother's Day weekend. Round 11 is next Saturday at Nurburgring GP. With the start of GT Championship season. Unless major protest I'm going to change lobby schedule at little. I will now open the lobby at 7pm and qualifying will start at 8pm starting with our next round. All times Eastern US.

So anyways I was on GT7 yesterday and checked out what Wednesday Nations Cup race. I noticed that there is no 5 or 6 time slots for the championship race. If this is the case for Saturdays too. Then the only real benefits from changing the lobby schedule. Is less characters to type and slightly better league presentation. Oh and I guess Fastone371 another 15 minutes of pay.

So anyways I was on GT7 yesterday and checked out what Wednesday Nations Cup race. I noticed that there is no 5 or 6 time slots for the championship race. If this is the case for Saturdays too. Then the only real benefits from changing the lobby schedule. Is less characters to type and slightly better league presentation. Oh and I guess Fastone371 another 15 minutes of pay.
That 15 minutes of pay will simply be added or subtracted from the other end of the day. :lol: :lol:

That 15 minutes of pay will simply be added or subtracted from the other end of the day. :lol: :lol:
Oh, well I am going to try to be more punctual with the start time. Motivated that I'm not eating dinner 15 minutes later. Now cue announced late arrivals for remaining races.

Though I suppose this does solve another problem. With a 1 hour 15 minutes practice session. In game time would run pass scheduled distance for even 1 hour races or less than 1 hour race. Which means the track can start changing to night when it's not supposed or late arrivals might get rain that wasn't part of the scheduled race distance.

Oh I probably doing away with the less than 1 hour races. With the exception of Northern Isle Speedway. Which I think all the racing classes can complete the max 200 laps in less than a hour.

Only 2 days until our Round 11 race at Nurburgring GP. Still wish I could put a countdown clock in the forum. Like what the real racing organizations do for the websites. But I was told by another host they don't work on GT Planet forums.

I would like say I can't wait but, I know the old Nissan is going to be terrible against the modern prototypes and VGTs. The early 90' suspension along with wheelspin from the turbo lag. Make for a terrible combination for this race track. Even with me using TCS which the real car was not be equipped with. Respect to the drivers who drove the car to a 100% win ratio for the last season the All-Japan Sports Prototype Championship (JSPC). Before the organization changed over to All- Japan Grand Touring Championships (JGTC). Which became the now Super GT in 2005.

Anyways good mechanical grip and good low and mid speed corner exits tend to be the way to go here. With many heavy braking zones. This place suits well for the Hybrid boosted prototypes. Particularly the 2016 cars. And more particularly for the 2016 Toyota.

Last edited:
That Toyota loses so much steam when the hybrid system shuts down though, it was only going 160-170 down the straight at HSR.

I know I spoke to you before about the Hyuara and the Supercar Series, I found out my best lap times were in fuel mode 2 or 3, much less tire spin, not such heavy braking, and better fuel mileage. I bet the same would happen with the Nissan, then the rest is playing with suspension settings that suit you. Spring rates can have a huge effect on the cars handling along with ARB's, shocks and camber. Gotta make a change, drive for 5 laps or so until you can decide better or worse then just keep carrying on until lap times start falling.

That Toyota loses so much steam when the hybrid system shuts down though, it was only going 160-170 down the straight at HSR.

I know I spoke to you before about the Hyuara and the Supercar Series, I found out my best lap times were in fuel mode 2 or 3, much less tire spin, not such heavy braking, and better fuel mileage. I bet the same would happen with the Nissan, then the rest is playing with suspension settings that suit you. Spring rates can have a huge effect on the cars handling along with ARB's, shocks and camber. Gotta make a change, drive for 5 laps or so until you can decide better or worse then just keep carrying on until lap times start falling.
The Toyota TS050 has the best recovery from braking. The Nurburgring GP is essentially a stop go circuit with short and moderate length straightaways. So it suits perfectly for this race track.

I do like some authentication. So I try to get as I comfortably can. That's why I tried running Tsukuba without TCS earlier in the season. The R92CP wouldn't have fuel mapping nor would the other Group C era prototypes. So I generally use old school methods for fuel saving.

As for handling dispute I'm a promoter for tuning in the racing classes. I'm not a very experienced tuner. I have good understanding of downforce and transmission tuning. I don't have a good understanding of suspension and differential tuning.

Last edited:
1883c42231c28-screenshotUrl.jpg

Round 11 Results

Pole Award: Fastone371
Race Winner: Fastone371
Fastest Lap: Fastone371

2023 Standings
Round 11 of 12

1. Fastone371, 187 pts, 10 of 10, 11 Wins
2. TheColdWarriors, 119 pts, 10 of 10
3. Chuk713, 78 pts, 8 of 10
4. Monsta1166467738, 38 pts, 4 of 10
5. Beard_Prepared, 32 pts, 3 of 10
6. Spade3000, 25 pts, 3 of 10
7. SirRoseBuds2223, 9 pts, 1 of 10
8. Midgetpickle79, 8 pts, 1 of 10

I may have incorrectly posted the points standings after the last race. After adding up everyone's scores again. Everything should be correct.

Last edited:
Next Race

6/10 - R12. 2 Hours of Le Mans Classic

Le Mans No Chicane - 2 Hours Race - Rain Maybe - Afternoon Start - x12 Time Change - Night Driving No - Initial Fuel 92% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x2

Next Race

Le Mans No Chicane - 2 Hours Race - Rain Maybe - Afternoon Start - x12 Time Change - Night Driving No - Initial Fuel 92% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x2
I'm going to pick the Nissan as the winner here, you know, the one that will go like 250MPH down that 25 mile long straight. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry making a correction. There will be night driving in this race.

Next Race

Le Mans No Chicane - 2 Hours Race - Rain Maybe - Afternoon Start - x12 Time Change - Night Driving Yes - Initial Fuel 92% - Tires Required None - Corner Penalties Strong - Pit Line Penalty On - Points Payout x2

I post my long draw out piece about this event that no one will read later.

So during last night's race one of our cats cuts between my driving rig and the TV at a high rate of speed and disconnects my wheel, the game goes to pause, by the time I get plugged back in and hop in and press continue I'm not sure what part of the track I'm on but it's straight with a curve dead ahead, I end up taking a detour thru the lawn. Then I have been ill for the last week, my eyes start to water and I sneeze, twice, once in the braking zone for T1, I cut the corner, instead of a penalty I get reset to the middle of the straight before T1 at a dead stop. 2nd sneeze I clipped a curb braking in sector 2 and spun out. Fun night.
It made for a great battle though having to chase down Chuk713, not sure if I woulda caught him or not but by that point I had saved enough fuel and was running full tilt, I was setting purple sectors but then Chuk had to stop for a splash of fuel I am assuming. It took the fun out of the fight. Great race though, Chuk was on my tail the entire race before I screwed up and saw his tail. I hope we have more like that.

Last edited:
Now if only I throw a rope on the back of that Nissan to help me down the straights of LeMans...........
I wonder how much of an effect BOP will have? I will have to try each car and see. Maybe it will be Daytona all over again, Coldwarrior has the lead, I get him in the turns, he blows by me on the straights, I can't even see the tail lights of that Nissan but gain in the twistys again to rinse and repeat.

So during last night's race one of our cats cuts between my driving rig and the TV at a high rate of speed and disconnects my wheel, the game goes to pause, by the time I get plugged back in and hop in and press continue I'm not sure what part of the track I'm on but it's straight with a curve dead ahead, I end up taking a detour thru the lawn. Then I have been ill for the last week, my eyes start to water and I sneeze, twice, once in the braking zone for T1, I cut the corner, instead of a penalty I get reset to the middle of the straight before T1 at a dead stop. 2nd sneeze I clipped a curb braking in sector 2 and spun out. Fun night.
It made for a great battle though having to chase down Chuk713, not sure if I woulda caught him or not but by that point I had saved enough fuel and was running full tilt, I was setting purple sectors but then Chuk had to stop for a splash of fuel I am assuming. It took the fun out of the fight. Great race though, Chuk was on my tail the entire race before I screwed up and saw his tail. I hope we have more like that.
Even after all that, you still won. I didn't even spin out at all. I would have had a win if it weren't for that splash of fuel for the last lap. Good race

With you pitting before halfway I initially thought you were saving fuel to make it a one stop race but, then I thought you shouldn't need be saving that much. So cat problems and human body issues. Must people ask what real race car drivers do when have to use the bathroom. I feel that question has 2 simple answers. Unfortunately our families wouldn't understand the importance of our races to use option 2 at home. Anyways I want to know how real drivers deal coughing, sneeze, and or eye irritation while driving. I also wonder if these body inconveniences have caused real drivers to crash. And they blame it on the car to save face.

As for your reset. Car resets are supposed to be turned off. But I know Gran Turismo will sometimes reset you in certain areas anyways. Which I dislike they usually reset to the best line and not a place where you could respond in front of someone. I will have to double check penalty settings for the race.

Even after all that, you still won. I didn't even spin out at all. I would have had a win if it weren't for that splash of fuel for the last lap. Good race
I'm surprised you weren't saving fuel. The 919 should be able to out range both of our cars. Do you drive with automatic shifting?

It was that splash of fuel that you had to stop for that did you in. I think I could have gotten to your rear bumper but I dont think I would havevgotten by on the last lap. I was saving fuel the whole second half of the race, I didnt realize that a one stop was possible until my stop at 28 minutes in. All I really did was maintain the gap I created before the pit stop before saving fuel. I figured if you were catching me that you would need to stop a 2nd time, if I really needed to I had the option to pick up the pace a little and do a splash and dash at the end.

With you pitting before halfway I initially thought you were saving fuel to make it a one stop race but, then I thought you shouldn't need be saving that much. So cat problems and human body issues. Must people ask what real race car drivers do when have to use the bathroom. I feel that question has 2 simple answers. Unfortunately our families wouldn't understand the importance of our races to use option 2 at home. Anyways I want to know how real drivers deal coughing, sneeze, and or eye irritation while driving. I also wonder if these body inconveniences have caused real drivers to crash. And they blame it on the car to save face.

As for your reset. Car resets are supposed to be turned off. But I know Gran Turismo will sometimes reset you in certain areas anyways. Which I dislike they usually reset to the best line and not a place where you could respond in front of someone. I will have to double check penalty settings for the race.
You guys don't put on adult diapers before the race?????:confused::confused::D:D Having spent some time behind the wheel I'm guessing that with adrenalin pumping racers don't suffer bodily functions at inconvenient times. I'm sure we have all heard of the occasional F1 or NASCAR driver joke about using his race seat as a toilet. I used to suffer hay fever real real bad until it just stopped about 10 years ago. I would be on the way to the track with a runny nose, watering eyes, and sneezing like crazy but as soon as racing started for the day I was fine until the ride home again, I had assumed it had to do with adrenalin, but I'm not sure. As I recall Felipe Massa did not take a heave spring to the helmet so well, that one caused a crash.
The reset was weird, I was not expecting that, especially to be put so far back.

You guys don't put on adult diapers before the race?????:confused::confused::D:D Having spent some time behind the wheel I'm guessing that with adrenalin pumping racers don't suffer bodily functions at inconvenient times. I'm sure we have all heard of the occasional F1 or NASCAR driver joke about using his race seat as a toilet. I used to suffer hay fever real real bad until it just stopped about 10 years ago. I would be on the way to the track with a runny nose, watering eyes, and sneezing like crazy but as soon as racing started for the day I was fine until the ride home again, I had assumed it had to do with adrenalin, but I'm not sure. As I recall Felipe Massa did not take a heave spring to the helmet so well, that one caused a crash.
The reset was weird, I was not expecting that, especially to be put so far back.
I'm thinking about trying one of the group C cars at LeMans, I will have to test a couple.
I'm in my 30s and I don't have kids or even closely know anyone who kids to get away going to buy diapers. Despite I do have life long digestion issues. And take 3 different medications for it.

Some of the drivers do go during the race. Some won't or say they can't. I don't think may drivers would admit to crashing because bodily functions.

A reminder you will be subject to the Car Change Policy but, you have more than enough points to sacrifice the race.

I'm just curious if you could have Pole on Softs. Mechanical grip means a lot Nurburgring GP.
It seemed that the Porsche was fast right off of the corner but I think the Mazda had better straight line speed. Not sure there was much to be gained with it plus the Porsche seems to have bad torque steer and tends to push real bad if you pick up the gas too early.

@Cold Warrior I saw your comment on GT7, If you want to keep the two Jaguars I have in the gallery right now, go to car customisation in the GT Auto, load the liveries, then click save style and name them, then go to load liveries again and load the new ones that you have created. That way you get to keep them and I get to delete them.

Back