Saturday Night 1,600 Miles Classic Sports Car Series, Next Race 9/28/24, 3. 310 km of Nurburgring N, Open 7pm, Qualifying 8pm, Race 8:30pm Eastern USOpen 

191f3fd3d3515-7df9fc1b5cb47c6fe78c1d712ee879aa8e334b43-245_message_441951212367262_1726371923309.jpg

Race 2 Results

Pole Award: Michel-QC_21
Race Winner: Michel-QC_21
Fastest Lap: Michel-QC_21

Notes:
*poolshark3436 DNF Steering Column Malfunction.
*DusanMandic9 DQ Regulations Violation Race 1. No further action will take at this time. Due to confession from the team.

Regulations Updated: Restrictions on use of fuel mapping have been removed starting the next race. Due to the newly discovered inability to monitor it's use through replays.

2024 1,600 Miles Series Standings
Position, PSN ID, Points Total, Wins / Best
1. fastone371, 24 pts, 1 Win
2. Michel-QC_21, 24 pts, 1 Win
3. MrMidn7ght, 6 pts, 3rd
4. DusanMandic9, 5 pts, 3rd
5. TheColdWarriors, 5 pts, 4th
6. poolshark3436, 3pt, 5th

9/28, 3. 310 km of Nurburgring (Nordschleife)
Race Details
Nurburgring Nordschleife, 15 Laps Race, 194.1 miles (312.3 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Yes, Fuel At Start 87%, 25 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Delayed Race Start to About 8:45pm EDT

10/12, 4. 400km of Le Mans (No Chicane)
Race Details
Le Mans No Chicane, 30 Laps Race, 252.9 miles (407 km), Afternoon Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving Yes, Weather Change Random, Rain Maybe, Fuel At Start 92%, 20 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Delayed Race Start to About 8:40pm EDT

Last edited:
Reminder this is an off week. No race for us today. Next week we run the Nurburgring old course only.

Also reminder the awards from the 2024 Endurance League. fastone371, Michel-QC_21, DusanMandic9, and poolshark3436 all get 1 track pick each for 2nd and 3rd place finishes in their classes for the 2025 Endurance League. OCR_GUI_JOSA who managed to win both classes in one season. Gets 4 track picks 2 for each class win. Also forget to mention 1st place for the 1,600 Miles Series will also get another track pick for the 2025 Endurance League.

Only the permanent features 2 hours of Daytona Road Course and Le Mans are set. The Le Mans race swap to the No Chicane layout. Multiple stops are allowed. The only rules no dirt or snow tracks and no Nurburgring Tourist layout. Oh, and I advise you to be layout specific. Otherwise I have the freedom to get creative.

Race Details
Nurburgring Nordschleife, 15 Laps Race, 194.1 miles (312.3 km), Late Morning Start, Time Change x3, Night Driving No, Weather Change Random, Rain Yes, Fuel At Start 87%, 25 Minutes GT Group Qualifying, Corner Penalties Weak, Contact Penalty On, Delayed Race Start to About 8:45pm EDT

Last edited:
Only 4 days until our next race at Nurburgring. Will be using the Nordschleife layout. Forecast suggests rain is likely early in the race. Looking at a possible wet to dry. Reminder you will not have a full fuel tank at the start. As I simulate fuel burned on the formation lap(s) to take the start. You may be a lap short the first stint. Race details reposted below. Oh qualifying well be extended to 25 minutes plus overtime the length of the lap.

Race Details

The old Nurburgring track is the 3rd oldest track in GT7 and the 2nd oldest permanent circuit in the game. This is a hint at which one of the tracks that beat it. The original layout of the Nurburgring was completed in April 1927. The original track offered 4 layouts all centered around the original pit area. Names translated to English are at short 1.4 miles almost oval like track call Finish Loop or Concert Loop, the 4.8 miles South Loop, the 14.1 miles North Loop, and the 17.5 miles North South combined circuit creatively called the Whole Course.

Pre-war racing at the Nurburgring continued into early 1940. Information on the track during World War 2 is a little scarce. From what I've found it sounds the track was used as a military testing facility. While pit facilities were used as a military hospital and division headquarters.

The track was fixed up and racing resumed at the track in 1947. In 1951 track starting hosting the German Grand Prix almost annually until the mid 1970s. In 1953 the 1000 km of Nurburgring was introduced as part of the World Sports Car Championship (WSC). The series was a predecessor to World Endurance Championship (WEC). And in 1970 the 24 Hours of Nurburgring began initially for touring cars.

In the mid 1960s Nurburgring started to have to make minor changes to the track due to the increasing speeds. With some moderate modifications being made for the 1971 season. The South Loop fell into disuse at about this time. With an occasional exception. After Formula left after the 1976 race. It was made clear the track was becoming too dangerous modern race cars. And new moderate track and facilit was needed.

In 1981 ground broken inside the South Loop on what would become the Grand Prix course. At the end of 1982 season racing season the Grand Prix was completed to the point in could be without affecting the original track. A shortcut connection and makeshift pit area were constructed for the North Loop. To allow racing to still be held on the North Loop by itself while the old pit complex and portions of the South Loop were demolished in order to complete the GP course. That's right up until that point the North Loop could not be used by itself before these modifications. As the small pit and pit straight didn't exist yet.

The 1983 season was the only year the North Loop was extensively used by itself for racing. It was during the 1983 1,000 km of the Nurburgring that official race lap record of 6:25.910 set by a Porsche 956. This the Group C predecessor the 962.

Once modern Grand Prix opened next door in 1984. Most major racing events would move to the safer new facility. The first race held on the new track was a star studded exhibition race held on May 12. Driving identical Mercedes 190E 2.3–16s.

Now since the GP has had it's share of history and modifications over the years. I could go on but, since we'll not be using any portion of the GP course for our race. I'm going to let off here for real world history.

The Nurburgring Nordschleife layout is very nostalgic to both Gran Turismo 4 itself and the 1,000 Miles. As this layout of the Nurburgring Nordschleife was introduced without the Grand Prix course to the franchise in GT4. The GP course and combined layouts were introduced later in GT5. The Nurburgring was also one of the 4 races of the original 1,000 Miles series that this league is based on.

Track characteristics and climate. The Nurburgring Nordschleife or North Loop is a very long fast technical course with nearly 1,000 feet of elevation change between the lowest and highest points. With the track being in location the Eifel mountains. The local weather can rather unpredictable and can change quickly. The massive size of the facility can lead to in raining on portions of the track while others portions remain dry. Races are often interrupted by severe weather conditions.

However since your in game personas are immortal and all car damage is repairable for free. I don't have to worry about these pesky safety concerns. Ha ha ha see you guys Saturday.

The old Nurburgring track is the 3rd oldest track in GT7 and the 2nd oldest permanent circuit in the game. This is a hint at which one of the tracks that beat it. The original layout of the Nurburgring was completed in April 1927. The original track offered 4 layouts all centered around the original pit area. Names translated to English are at short 1.4 miles almost oval like track call Finish Loop or Concert Loop, the 4.8 miles South Loop, the 14.1 miles North Loop, and the 17.5 miles North South combined circuit creatively called the Whole Course.

Pre-war racing at the Nurburgring continued into early 1940. Information on the track during World War 2 is a little scarce. From what I've found it sounds the track was used as a military testing facility. While pit facilities were used as a military hospital and division headquarters.

The track was fixed up and racing resumed at the track in 1947. In 1951 track starting hosting the German Grand Prix almost annually until the mid 1970s. In 1953 the 1000 km of Nurburgring was introduced as part of the World Sports Car Championship (WSC). The series was a predecessor to World Endurance Championship (WEC). And in 1970 the 24 Hours of Nurburgring began initially for touring cars.

In the mid 1960s Nurburgring started to have to make minor changes to the track due to the increasing speeds. With some moderate modifications being made for the 1971 season. The South Loop fell into disuse at about this time. With an occasional exception. After Formula left after the 1976 race. It was made clear the track was becoming too dangerous modern race cars. And new moderate track and facilit was needed.

In 1981 ground broken inside the South Loop on what would become the Grand Prix course. At the end of 1982 season racing season the Grand Prix was completed to the point in could be without affecting the original track. A shortcut connection and makeshift pit area were constructed for the North Loop. To allow racing to still be held on the North Loop by itself while the old pit complex and portions of the South Loop were demolished in order to complete the GP course. That's right up until that point the North Loop could not be used by itself before these modifications. As the small pit and pit straight didn't exist yet.

The 1983 season was the only year the North Loop was extensively used by itself for racing. It was during the 1983 1,000 km of the Nurburgring that official race lap record of 6:25.910 set by a Porsche 956. This the Group C predecessor the 962.

Once modern Grand Prix opened next door in 1984. Most major racing events would move to the safer new facility. The first race held on the new track was a star studded exhibition race held on May 12. Driving identical Mercedes 190E 2.3–16s.

Now since the GP has had it's share of history and modifications over the years. I could go on but, since we'll not be using any portion of the GP course for our race. I'm going to let off here for real world history.

The Nurburgring Nordschleife layout is very nostalgic to both Gran Turismo 4 itself and the 1,000 Miles. As this layout of the Nurburgring Nordschleife was introduced without the Grand Prix course to the franchise in GT4. The GP course and combined layouts were introduced later in GT5. The Nurburgring was also one of the 4 races of the original 1,000 Miles series that this league is based on.

Track characteristics and climate. The Nurburgring Nordschleife or North Loop is a very long fast technical course with nearly 1,000 feet of elevation change between the lowest and highest points. With the track being in location the Eifel mountains. The local weather can rather unpredictable and can change quickly. The massive size of the facility can lead to in raining on portions of the track while others portions remain dry. Races are often interrupted by severe weather conditions.

However since your in game personas are immortal and all car damage is repairable for free. I don't have to worry about these pesky safety concerns. Ha ha ha see you guys Saturday.
I wouldn't call repairing car damage free, it comes with a hefty time penalty. I highly anyone will escape without damage, the question being how much lap time is it costing you vs stopping for repairs.

I wouldn't call repairing car damage free, it comes with a hefty time penalty. I highly anyone will escape without damage, the question being how much lap time is it costing you vs stopping for repairs.
You don't pay for the crew, part, and ml materials. And the can repair an engine in 10 seconds. The pit is short and on a slow section of the track. You don't lose much pitting.

It's about a 15-20 second delta for a stop, do you want to give up 15 seconds?
How much time will you lose with a damaged car on a 12.9 mile race track with several flatout sections. A race track that is considered to be the most difficult in the world. My first priority at the Nurburgring is handling. Get the car as stable and as planted to the track as possible. Why because limping around here with a damaged car is very costly. After handling it speed and how to get up those hills. Near impossible to pass without straightaway speed. With gravity is working against you. Last thing I want is extra drag for damage slowing me down from damage too.

How much time will you lose with a damaged car on a 12.9 mile race track with several flatout sections. A race track that is considered to be the most difficult in the world. My first priority at the Nurburgring is handling. Get the car as stable and as planted to the track as possible. Why because limping around here with a damaged car is very costly. After handling it speed and how to get up those hills. Near impossible to pass without straightaway speed. With gravity is working against you. Last thing I want is extra drag for damage slowing me down from damage too.
Of course but with limited PP and hard tires we are not afforded speed and handling, each has to decide what is more important to them. At any rate it's still a tough decision to give 15-20 seconds for a stop vs continuing with minor damage. Everyone has seen cases where a car was faster after tapping a wall.

Of course but with limited PP and hard tires we are not afforded speed and handling, each has to decide what is more important to them. At any rate it's still a tough decision to give 15-20 seconds for a stop vs continuing with minor damage. Everyone has seen cases where a car was faster after tapping a wall.
They have? When will it have to me then. I've yet to experience a case in game where I felt car damage improved my car. Aero and sometimes minor suspension damage are drivable. I feel Nordschleife has too many long flatout sections to ignore even aero damage. Including a 1.3 mile long straight. One of the longest still active straights in racing.

Back