Sauber Mercedes C9 Bug / Issue

• Thread starter Michael88
  • 8 comments
Austria
Nicest part of hell
So I bought the Sauber Mercedes C9 Group-C car from the legendary dealer and it has an annoying problem - the carbon dashboard reflects so much in the front window it is super distracting.

I hope Polyphony Digital will tone it down, it does not break the car but it is very distracting, and I have never seen that reflections in any of the onboard-videos of the real Sauber C9 racecars.

Last edited:
Wasn't it the same in GTS?
There reflections are driving me insane. I also didn't play GTS I only play the full (never finished) Gran Turismos, but if that's the case you guys that did play sport have let us down by not snipping this reflection thing in the bud before it snuck into the main game.
So I bought the Sauber Mercedes C9 Group-C car from the legendary dealer and it has an annoying problem - the carbon dashboard reflects so much in the front window it is super distracting.

I hope Polyphony Digital will tone it down, it does not break the car but it is very distracting, and I have never seen that reflections in any of the onboard-videos of the real Sauber C9 racecars.
I've been driving cars all my life and NEVER seen a reflection like this game has on any windscreen ever. The only thing I've seen similar is floaters in my eyes and I don't enjoy that either.. Certainly not something you'd pay to experience lol. It's do annoying.. and silly and... just why do people do things like this.

I've been driving cars all my life and NEVER seen a reflection like this game has on any windscreen ever. The only thing I've seen similar is floaters in my eyes and I don't enjoy that either.. Certainly not something you'd pay to experience lol. It's do annoying.. and silly and... just why do people do things like this.
If you haven't had any reflections yet, well it can be for any number of reasons... crappy weather whenever you've been out. A dashboard which does not or extremely little reflects. Dirty windows that haven't been properly cleaned for a long time. Or a completely inadequate vision on your part.

If you haven't had any reflections yet, well it can be for any number of reasons... crappy weather whenever you've been out. A dashboard which does not or extremely little reflects. Dirty windows that haven't been properly cleaned for a long time. Or a completely inadequate vision on your part.
Unlike the guys who made GT7 I don't go around polishing the dashboard of my Trans am with 10 liters of armour all and then spray it with 50 coats of Urathane in order to make seeing out of the Window impossible.. The interior shadows have been completely broken in Gran turismo ever since they were introduced years/decades ago, but now on a lot of cars you can't even see through the glass covering the instruments. It makes driving the car without a HUD overlay very annoying indeed. But luckily for you have that superior xray vision, I'm jealous. If you want to keep defending poor game design and lack of play testing/quality control you go for it, but I'm not going to agree that half an effort is good enough for a AAA game that took 9 years to make.

Last edited:
Back