SBC DSL to PS2 connections

• Thread starter Mr.Kwik
  • 10 comments
Help!!!! OK this is the deal. I just got" SBC Yahoo! DSL" through Southwestern Bell. If you are familiar with this stuff you know they bring this stuff to you through the phone line. You then run the phone line into a DSL Gateway (2wire home portal) it comes out of that with an ethernet cable and it plugs into the ethernet adapter in my pc. Ok if you follow me and know what I am talking about tell me how in the hell do you hook up the PS2 with all this crap??? In the back of my PC I only have an "in" for an ethernet plug. What do I need? thanks for your help every one. :confused: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I use SBC and play ps2 online, but what is your question exactly? How to plug in the ethernet cable to your network adapter, or how to link your PC and PS2 over your home network? You can PM me if you want.

Take your phone cord, plug it in the router. Take the ethernet cord from your router and connect it to the PS2 Ethernet Adapter. That's it.

To connect your PC, take a ethernet cable from your router and connect it to the ethernet card on the back of your PC.

Ok, viper but if I want both hooked up at the same time what can I do? Do they make some kind of ethernet splitter? so one can go to the PC and one to the PS2 after coming out of the Gateway?

No... you buy a bigger (better) router that has more inputs for ethernet connections.

do they make a sort of a hub that one ethernet cable plugs into the back and then there are a few ports in the front? It may have an external power source like other types of hubs I have seen.

Actually, anyone who has a "2WIRE" gateway this is how it's done. on the back of the gateway there is a USB port an eithernet port and a place to plug in your "incoming" cat 5.
For hooking up the PS2 , I ran the USB into my PC and used the ehternet port for my ps2. No need for anytype of router if you use the USB for the PC

Back