Seat Sizes

• Thread starter KarlG
  • 8 comments
KarlG
Does anyone know where i could find the size or average size for seats, As i'm looking to buy a seat a build and built cockpit but i need to know if it will fit in the space first.

Thanks
The Seat

No worries i've found another seat which is 19.5"(wide)20"(Long) 34"(High) So it fits nicely.
and £5 cheaper and the store is only about 200M from where i live. So i won't have to pay about £30 for delevery. What do you think.

Heres a link and Pic:

KarlG
No worries i've found another seat which is 19.5"(wide)20"(Long) 34"(High) So it fits nicely.
and £5 cheaper and the store is only about 200M from where i live. So i won't have to pay about £30 for delevery.
What do you think.

Heres a link and Pic:

I have a very similiar seat (Still a Cobra, as in your pic but just red) on my race rig and quite honestly, the padding in the seat area leaves a lot to be desired. Makes driving long endurance races a real P.I.T.A. - Hell, even 30 minutes causes some discomfort. I'd suggest, if all possible, find some place 'local' in your area that you can visit and take a few minutes to find seats you like and that you think can survive long driving sessions in.

As for me, I had to go out and purchase a cheap, yet decent 'seat cushion' for mine. However, everything else is top notch.

Good luck though anyway!

Cheers:

SimRaceDriver

KarlG
and £5 cheaper and the store is only about 200M from where i live. So i won't have to pay about £30 for delevery. What do you think.

Heres a link and Pic:

I'm thinking that I should buy 2 for our Citroen Saxo.. 30 minutes in those soft french seats and my back is killing me...

Looks very very nice !...

SimRaceDriver
I have a very similiar seat (Still a Cobra, as in your pic but just red) on my race rig and quite honestly, the padding in the seat area leaves a lot to be desired. Makes driving long endurance races a real P.I.T.A. - Hell, even 30 minutes causes some discomfort.
Obviously you haven't done a 24 hour race on a wooden chair looking like this :
syveren.jpg

Sorry, when i said 200M i ment 200 Metres not miles so the store is local.:)
^^^That would hurt you ass sitting on that chair.

KarlG
Sorry, when i said 200M i ment 200 Metres not miles so the store is local.:)
^^^That would hurt you ass sitting on that chair.
And yet, I still did it !....

Do what I did: go to a scrapyard and find a nice seat from a small sport or compact car (like a Miata, Honda, Toyota, Nissan, etc.).

It will be light, with adjustable back, with the sliders and a lot more comfortable than the look-a-like "racing seats"... And when you have your seat (dont pay more than 40-50$US), you can start to built a serious cockpit like this one:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=75986

I'm going to make something likeThis

But i need to buy my Wheel and Seat first before I think about the Measurements.:)

I can't make one like yours because i don't have and Welder thingy. For the metal.

Latest Posts

Back