Selling Prize Cars?

• Thread starter iREVhi
  • 8 comments
Ok, in the midst of my quest to gain some ez money and cracking this game wide open, I haven't been able to sell any Prize Cars that I've won. I don't know if this is something prohibited in the North American version (bought it on the release date) but nonetheless my searches have left me solution-less.

I've looked through all of the FAQ's and haven't seen anything. I've also spent the last half hour searching the GT4 forums (which is a very nice format btw) 👍 .

My question is, plain and simple, am I doing something wrong so that i can't sell my prize cars?

They pretty much have no value so when i try to sell the i'm prompted with something along the lines of, "This car has no value. Would you still like to get rid of it?" I've been suckered twice into selling two, more than likely, VALUABLE CARS (Cadillac Cien being the most valuable).

Thanks in advance for any answers...

Most of the cars at the beginning of the game are like that. The further into the game, the less.

Yeah the prize cars at the beginning, especially the ones from the License Tests, have no value. It seems that if you win a Concept car, then you can't sell it for money. However the price cars that are production cars and race cars you can sell and get money.

dont dare to sell the cars you win in the licence test some of them are ireplaceble

Ps (it gives you a warning if you cant win this again)

iREVhi
Can this process be repeated as much as possible?

Yup it can. Try winning the MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring Car (D2 DTM) '00 from the Legend of Silver Arrow race. It's found in the Mercedes-Benz lot. Afterwards, go to the DEUTSCHE TOURING CAR MEISTERSHAFT (German Touring Car Championship) and win the championship to win the MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98. You can sell this car for a little less than 750 000 credits.

zrepiV
Try winning the MERCEDES-BENZ CLK Touring Car (D2 DTM) '00 from the Legend of Silver Arrow race. It's found in the Mercedes-Benz lot. Afterwards, go to the DEUTSCHE TOURING CAR MEISTERSHAFT (German Touring Car Championship) and win the championship to win the MERCEDES-BENZ AMG CLK-GTR Race Car '98. You can sell this car for a little less than 750 000 credits.

Plus the 150,000 from the races themselves. I racked up over 15 milliion "dollars" doing this while watching Monster Garage on TV.

Back