Serious Questions for Polyphony

• Thread starter Tuono_GT
  • 7 comments
South Africa
South Africa
So, do the developers, designers and decision makers at Polyphony actually live in the real world? I would suggest not.

Perhaps they are just sadists because no other reasonable explanation could possibly be plausible...

You get punted off the circuit by some muppet and you suffer.., not the instigator - you!
Try and get off the grass or out of the gravel and all you will do is a donut. Seriously Polyphony?
And if you do spin you will ALWAYS end up facing the wrong way... AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Running off track, even if being put there by someone else, and not only do you suffer big time, you will also get a time penalty
Oh, and do not go off the track if there is a barrier or wall near by - guaranteed that you will end up facing the object, straight on.., every single time!
Some twerp brake checks you and you hit them... you get the penalty

I'm sure you all get the picture and will have at least experienced a few of these (if not all) of the above.

And what's with dreadful circuits like Autopolis - that's not racing (race c this wk), it's just carnage. I have managed to finish one race this week on that circuit because its so bad. And when it is and I've been smashed of the circuit yet again, I just quit. That's not racing, it's just a bun fight.

And why have a C or B rated driver in a decent pool. Personally, I'm an S and would like to keep it that way, but these people have their ratings for a reason. Let them beat the crap out of each other in their own group.

OK, rant over. But seriously Polyphony, you need to get your act together, soon... very soon.

Try and get off the grass or out of the gravel and all you will do is a donut. Seriously Polyphony?
Yeah funnily enough in GT7 when you get grass or gravel on your tyres, you lose grip. Crazy right?

I've hard rumours that you are supposed to take it easy when you re-join the track to avoid spinning again because of the reduced grip... but that sounds like an excuse to me, we all know grass actually gives you more grip.

I mean.. that's what iRacing taught me anyway :P

Yeah funnily enough in GT7 when you get grass or gravel on your tyres, you lose grip. Crazy right?
To be fair to OP, most of the gravel sections on the tracks are actually gravel traps, designed to stop your car before you impact a barrier, so they shouldn't spin you...

What should happen is you get punted into the gravel trap and then you either spend 15-30 seconds trying to get out of the trap, struggling to find traction the whole time or fail to find any traction at all, realize you're stuck and radio your pit crew to send the flatbed truck and crane to lift you out!

Yeah, I'll take slightly spinny slippery gravel...

Last edited:
So, do the developers, designers and decision makers at Polyphony actually live in the real world? I would suggest not.

Perhaps they are just sadists because no other reasonable explanation could possibly be plausible...

You get punted off the circuit by some muppet and you suffer.., not the instigator - you!
And if you do spin you will ALWAYS end up facing the wrong way... AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Running off track, even if being put there by someone else, and not only do you suffer big time, you will also get a time penalty
Oh, and do not go off the track if there is a barrier or wall near by - guaranteed that you will end up facing the object, straight on.., every single time!

I'm sure you all get the picture and will have at least experienced a few of these (if not all) of the above.

And what's with dreadful circuits like Autopolis - that's not racing (race c this wk), it's just carnage. I have managed to finish one race this week on that circuit because its so bad. And when it is and I've been smashed of the circuit yet again, I just quit. That's not racing, it's just a bun fight.

And why have a C or B rated driver in a decent pool. Personally, I'm an S and would like to keep it that way, but these people have their ratings for a reason. Let them beat the crap out of each other in their own group.

OK, rant over. But seriously Polyphony, you need to get your act together, soon... very soon.

I totally get the frustrations. My main one and what I feel is the biggest cause of the other problems is having low ranked drivers in with high ranked drivers. If I'm A/S I got there by following the rules and my skill. If someone is C/D they either just started or aren't that good and don't follow the rules. So why did I work so hard to end up racing against someone who hasn't or won't? What's the point of the system if it doesn't prevent anything? Like at least have it so once you reach S you only race against S... Its not rocket science... it's just another example of a half thought out idea which is what the whole game is comprised of. Half baked ideas.

Last edited:

If you post videos of your incidents you'll get constructive help. As it is, it honestly just sounds like you get involved in way too many incidents for it to always be someone else's or the game's fault.

Back