Server Location question

• Thread starter Brockd43
  • 3 comments
United States
United States
I have had a PS+ account for a couple years originally made in the USA. I was in Greece for work when GT Sport came out so of course had to go buy it and play the ever living crap out of it...That being said, I am back at my home in the states and the time that shows in the top right of GT Sport near your connectivity status still shows greek time, and now when I get into an online race my connection shows one bar as if it is still trying to go through an EU server.

I had assumed that that would change with IP location upon my return back home, I have dug through the menus to try and find a way to do so with no luck, I have good internet here and its obviously frustrating to be "one barring" with it. It doesn't make sense that GT would not see your IP and adjust accordingly.

Make sure the time zone on your PS4 is set properly. If there's a time zone setting in GTS, make sure it's set correctly also.

Ok that definitely fixed my in game time issue, thanks for the suggestion, i looked everywhere in network and everything, didnt even think to go as simple as date and time haha..

Now my issue is pre practice lobby connection is full green bars, then a lot of times when practice/qual/race starts i jump down to 1-2 bars. im normally pulling in almost 50 mb/s, no other devices streaming or anything, if anything, my girlfriend my be browsing facebook or something. Its funny because in Greece we had about a 15 mb/s down and my coworker could be playing madden online and i could be on GT sport and have at minimum 3 bars...blowing my mind

Ok that definitely fixed my in game time issue, thanks for the suggestion, i looked everywhere in network and everything, didnt even think to go as simple as date and time haha..

Now my issue is pre practice lobby connection is full green bars, then a lot of times when practice/qual/race starts i jump down to 1-2 bars. im normally pulling in almost 50 mb/s, no other devices streaming or anything, if anything, my girlfriend my be browsing facebook or something. Its funny because in Greece we had about a 15 mb/s down and my coworker could be playing madden online and i could be on GT sport and have at minimum 3 bars...blowing my mind
Your download speed (as long as it’s above 5mbps) isn’t the issue. It’s your ping/latency that’s causing the bars to change. Could be a few different things causing it.

Back