Shifter holder for Playseat Challenge

• Thread starter Laxen
  • 0 comments
Sweden
Sweden
Hello everyone,

I’m one of those simracers that does not have a lot of space at home. I’m living in an apartment with family and therefore a huge rig is not an option. After looking around I settled for Playseat Challenge, most of you in similar situation probably already know of this foldable rig. The problem with the Challenge is that it’s lacking a solid holder for a shifter.

So I built my own.

YwNxIX4.jpg

qQjt2kn.jpg

It’s a 4mm (0.157 inch) thick aluminum plate, black powder coated and is a direct replacement for the original wheel mounting plate. Using the original screws supplied with the Challenge to bolt it to the rig.

The exact measurements are 142mm x 500mm x 4mm, or 5.59'' x 19.68'' x 0.157'', and its lighter than the original plate.

3qukgxn.jpg

It’s pre drilled to be compatible with the following wheels. The drill pattern is also for both left-handed and right-handed shifter mounting position.

OQa4ifj.jpg

Thrustmaster T500RS
Thrustmaster TX
Fanatec Clubsport Wheel Base
Fanatec CSR Elite Wheels
Logitech G27
Logitech G25

Wheels not listed but equipped with table clamp should work as well.

This is the prototype prototype that I made for myself, obviously only drilled for my T500RS with an extra hole for cable management in the corner. Upon request I could pre drill holes for shifter also, if someone wants to bolt down the shifter.

dwXOANq.jpg

Please take a look at the rest of the album, and the last picture is a model of the plate I’m thinking perhaps the community is interested in.

http://imgur.com/a/8c14t#0

What are your thoughts? Is there anyone out there interested in this as I was?

Best regards,

Sebastian

Back