Shots of the underneath of the super Sube

  • Thread starter Thread starter vat_man
  • 41 comments
  • 1,150 views

vat_man

Staff Emeritus
Messages
9,428
So, slow Sunday afternoon of a long weekend yesterday, I'm a bit bored and listless, surf's windblown - what's a guy to do?

Yup - get under his car with a digital camera and take photos!

So - just so we know what we're talking about here - this is the Liberty, or for anyone not in Australia, the Legacy.
 

Attachments

  • not legacy.jpg
    not legacy.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 114
This is the rear diff, taken from the back of the car. This happy fellow dolls out 50% of drive - until I get a bit ambitious on turn-in, when he gets a bit more work to do.
 

Attachments

  • rear diff from rear.jpg
    rear diff from rear.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 111
This is the rear diff again, from the right hand side of the car.
 

Attachments

  • rear diff from right.jpg
    rear diff from right.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 110
This is the right rear corner suspension.
 

Attachments

  • right rear.jpg
    right rear.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 107
This is the front left corner suspension, taken from the front.

The above shot of the right rear corner was taken from the rear (in case you hadn't guessed).
 

Attachments

  • front left from front.jpg
    front left from front.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 98
Front right headlight detail. I can take or leave the blinker unit being exposed, although it works really well with the silver.
 

Attachments

  • headlight details.jpg
    headlight details.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 101
...bit of wheel detail for you - 16s do look a little lost, but anyone who runs bigger on Sydney's crap roads is mad.
 

Attachments

  • wheel detail.jpg
    wheel detail.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 92
...and finally, the ol' Pleiades...
 

Attachments

  • subaru logo.jpg
    subaru logo.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 96
Yay! My life is complete! What else does a guy need, apart from a shot of the tread . . .
 
If I ever get ahold of a digital camera, I might do something like this.
 
Why the hell is there a star on the differential!?
 
Originally posted by M5Power
Why the hell is there a star on the differential!?

Dunno - some way of identifying the part, I guess.
 
Originally posted by Jazza
Yay! My life is complete! What else does a guy need, apart from a shot of the tread . . .

I second that. A well setup tread shot can be soothing to the masculine eye. Can we get this request filled, sir Vat?

~LoudMusic
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic


I second that. A well setup tread shot can be soothing to the masculine eye. Can we get this request filled, sir Vat?

~LoudMusic

Well, how can I let such a well crafted request go unsated?

I'll see what I can do.
 
205/50 R16's - Bridgestone Potenza RE030.

Nice tyre - a little loud on coarse-mix (but what do you expect at 50 ratio?), but they're quite progressive on their (high) limit.

The car seems to be very good at maintaining a square tyre profile to the road under cornering, so despite my enthusiastic cornerning style the tyres are in very good shape for 30,000. The Vectra would have just about swallowed its fronts by this stage.
 
my mums camry eats front tyres like lollies which is very sad because her camry is a nice car to drive.
 
Originally posted by vat_man
205/50 R16's - Bridgestone Potenza RE030.

Nice tyre - a little loud on coarse-mix (but what do you expect at 50 ratio?), but they're quite progressive on their (high) limit.

The car seems to be very good at maintaining a square tyre profile to the road under cornering, so despite my enthusiastic cornerning style the tyres are in very good shape for 30,000. The Vectra would have just about swallowed its fronts by this stage.

Now you're just bragging! (:

~LoudMusic
 
Originally posted by   
my mums camry eats front tyres like lollies which is very sad because her camry is a nice car to drive.

How old is it?
 
Originally posted by LoudMusic


Now you're just bragging! (:

~LoudMusic

I wouldn't call 50 aspect tyres on 16 inch rims particularly exotic these days. Isn't that what the old V6 Astina (from around 1997-8) ran on? Where's MazKid when you need him?

Geez, even the local base model Falcon runs on 16's now (admittedly 215/60s)
 
Hey, lets see some of the engine, man!
 
And where's the tire shots we asked for a while back? Lets go! Move move move!

(:

~LoudMusic
 
Hey, settle down, kids. It's dark when I get home of an evening. You'll need to wait until the weekend - I'll get some engine shots as well.
 
Yeah - nice to have something a little different under the bonnet - sometimes if I'm in town I'll pop the window down to hear it under full throttle.
 
Quit slackin, you!
 
Back