Should you change?

• Thread starter mamann
  • 13 comments
mamann10
if you have set up cars by using the tanny trick should you redo your tanny now that they have taken or fixed this trick. :sly:

No not unless the updates changed the horsepower of your car or overall performance

I don't know how to explain it but you can look it up on here:tup:
you can google it also

If you google "tanny" you won't find what you're after....

...then again, if you google the more correct "tranny" (short for "transmission") you might just get something rather different than what you were looking for. :sly:

So, anyone wanna share what this transmission trick (which I suppose it is?) is? It's impossible to search in these forums, there are one gazillion posts containing the word "transmission"...

So, anyone wanna share what this transmission trick (which I suppose it is?) is? It's impossible to search in these forums, there are one gazillion posts containing the word "transmission"...

Basically you alter the gearing to make shorter gears for quicker acceleration but then alter the max speed. There is/was a glitch where you got the acceleration from short gearing and the max speed from long gearing.

How exactly it was done i dint know. Not into cheating myself out of fun.

This post, amongst many others:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7622991#post7622991

I'm not aware of anything being "fixed" recently. OP care to elaborate on this claim?

hmmm, that's different from the way I know. Mine is taken from Scaff's Tuning Guide, one that I've been using since the GT4 days. The procedure would be:

1) Set Fully-Customizable Transmission to default settings
2) Set Final Drive to rightmost
3) Set Top Speed to leftmost

That's the trick. Of course you'll end up with a very low top speed, but after the trick you're free to set the Final Drive and individual gears. Whatever you do, DO NOT TOUCH the Top Speed setting AFTER the tranny trick has been done, or else you will have to do the tranny trick again, and adjust the settings of the gears all over again.

So, the "tranny trick" squeezes the gears together and "flipping the tranny" can give you an entirely new set of gear ratios for 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. ?

Would flipping the tranny only be necessary in high powered cars or if you can't get gears that are tall enough? If I'm doing it correctly I think the trick gives you gears with lower numbers which would be a taller / higher gear correct?

The "tranny trick" has not been fixed or patched. I know this as fact as I just used it yesterday on one of my cars.

Back