Sim Racing Booties

United Kingdom
NG9
Shin_Roh
Thought this section would be best, but the question is has anyone found a good compromise between socks and shoes for sim racing?

I'm thinking something like this...

scarpa_mid_3x_nr-352_182.jpg

... may be a little overkill, but when I wear socks, my heels hurt after an hour maybe. And if I wear shoes, I constantly have to adjust my footing and I dont get as good a feel.

DIY solutions welcome but if any of you know manufacturers of just such a product let us know. Anything that betters my experience is worth a punt in my opinion. :)

*snip* but the question is has anyone found a good compromise between socks and shoes for sim racing?

:)
Barefoot with a pillow under your heels maybe? 💡 Or is it barefeet?

Your Sim Racing Booties are shoes.

Thought this section would be best, but the question is has anyone found a good compromise between socks and shoes for sim racing?

I'm thinking something like this...

scarpa_mid_3x_nr-352_182.jpg

... may be a little overkill, but when I wear socks, my heels hurt after an hour maybe. And if I wear shoes, I constantly have to adjust my footing and I dont get as good a feel.

DIY solutions welcome but if any of you know manufacturers of just such a product let us know. Anything that betters my experience is worth a punt in my opinion. :)

Here you go http://www.simboot.com/

simboots.jpg

Simboots specifically designed for sim racing. If you order some please mention me. My email is Craniumkick@aol.com

Just sent my order for the simBoots. I also mentioned you Sin. Thanks for the info.

HN7
^ Haha, that's awesome. Just curious, what brand and how much they cost?

They are Vibram FiveFingers. That model is the KSO, which I have a pair of. I use them for running. I'll never go back to "regular" running shoes again. Depending what style you get, they go for $60-120 USD. The KSO model goes for $85. However, if you have a severe case of Morton's Toe, they might not fit right...

These Vibram FiveFingers are perfect for learning how to heel and toe.💡

Just sent my order for the simBoots. I also mentioned you Sin. Thanks for the info.
Can you let us/me know what you think of the SimBoots?

These Vibram FiveFingers are perfect for learning how to heel and toe.💡

Can you let us/me know what you think of the SimBoots?

absolutely... I plan on doing a review of them, compared to shoes, socks, etc. Pics, maybe video, etc. I will also update this thread every step of the way.

I ordered my simboots in August. They are great. They fit like a custom made pair of socks. I also use them as house shoes, so they have taken a pretty good beating. I’ve used them when it was 90(F) degrees out, and when the temperature was below zero. No complaints, I am almost ready to order more. I bought the pair with rubber on the heel and toe, but my next set (which I’m going to use exclusively for house shoes) will just be cloth. A word of advice; they make my feet sweat quite a bit, which may lead to other (stinky) problems in the future. If you do buy a pair, you should plan on wearing them with socks. Simboots+socks= awesome.

I ordered my simboots in August. They are great. They fit like a custom made pair of socks. I also use them as house shoes, so they have taken a pretty good beating. I’ve used them when it was 90(F) degrees out, and when the temperature was below zero. No complaints, I am almost ready to order more. I bought the pair with rubber on the heel and toe, but my next set (which I’m going to use exclusively for house shoes) will just be cloth. A word of advice; they make my feet sweat quite a bit, which may lead to other (stinky) problems in the future. If you do buy a pair, you should plan on wearing them with socks. Simboots+socks= awesome.

what colors did you do? I was hoping simboot would get more colors in before I order mine, specifically orange.

I just decided to go with all white, except the very back, which will be black. I am getting heel/toe grips.

Back