Singapore in the RainF1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter Bigbazz
  • 9 comments
Wales
Wales
So having won at Monaco in the rain, and faired decently in some of the qualifying sessions in rain I didnt think Singapore would be an issue, I just spent 20 mins in the first practice session, all of which included sliding, spinning and driving into walls.

How can I win at Monaco in the rain, and then I can't even get the car around the track at Singapore? Its like driving around on ice. None of the wet sessions have been like this before, the brakes instantly lockup and the car just slides when you try to turn.

Even when i select "flying lap" the computer drove me straight into a wall, i had to restart and then brake hard before reversing out, to avoid it. Even better how the computers laptimes are ridiculously good, even tho the actual cars themselves are absolutely crawling around. Faked laptimes again from F1 2011. Meh.

Anybody else had the same fun? :ill:

No rain in Singapore for me, yet. However, I have to concur: the flying lap dropoff point is, pardon my french, utterly stupid.

The first time I got out there? Terminal crash.

This has been the hardest thing i've ever done in a sim, though I managed to make it better with setup. Reduced the ride height to the lowest, made the gear ratios much shorter and pushed out the rear alignment for better turn in. Managed to atleast put in a lap, and it was fast enough to meat my objective. Though i'l be out of wet tyres by qualifying if every practice session is heavy rain.

I find it crazy how the tracks differ so much, in a good way but also in a bad way. I've done a load of wet racing and while its usually difficult and slippery, before i made this setup i could not make it around a lap :|.

Goodluck to those others out there if you get rainy Singapore, traction control and ABS would be nice to have here ^^.

The lap times are faked? Is it like this in F1 2010 too? I always wondered why I passed the cars but they beat me on times

Came to qualifying and I was passing cars on the track, meanwhile in Q3 when they got to switch to inters they were near enough doing dry times in the pouring rain, on the wets i was able to compete, but not inters.

So come the race, you get to see the actual pace of the AI. I started 10th and basically just drove passed them to first, they were so slow, then I was pulling a second per lap eventually lapping a few cars in the 12 lap race, started on inters and stayed on them for the race and won, with the fastest lap.

AI have lightning times on the boards in qualifying in the rain because yep the times are fake. Singapore in the rain is a nightmare, I had to come up with some crazy setup just to keep the car on the road, but by qualifying and the race the track had plenty of grip. Seems codemasters have the track rubbering in even in the wet? P1 was just like driving around on ice.

Came to qualifying and I was passing cars on the track, meanwhile in Q3 when they got to switch to inters they were near enough doing dry times in the pouring rain, on the wets i was able to compete, but not inters.

So come the race, you get to see the actual pace of the AI. I started 10th and basically just drove passed them to first, they were so slow, then I was pulling a second per lap eventually lapping a few cars in the 12 lap race, started on inters and stayed on them for the race and won, with the fastest lap.

AI have lightning times on the boards in qualifying in the rain because yep the times are fake. Singapore in the rain is a nightmare, I had to come up with some crazy setup just to keep the car on the road, but by qualifying and the race the track had plenty of grip. Seems codemasters have the track rubbering in even in the wet? P1 was just like driving around on ice.

Now that I would like to see... a track rubbering in the rain...
:banghead:

The career mode has been ruined by the unfair advantage by the AI in the rain.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch, along with the FPS issue.

The career mode has been ruined by the unfair advantage by the AI in the rain.

Hopefully this will be fixed in a patch, along with the FPS issue.

I keep turning on TCS + ABS for rain qualifying sessions and hope to end up somewhere around 5th or 6th, so that it's even during the race. Yet, that's not the best solution. :grumpy:

I keep turning on TCS + ABS for rain qualifying sessions and hope to end up somewhere around 5th or 6th, so that it's even during the race. Yet, that's not the best solution. :grumpy:

I find it hard to see how they missed this issue....

Rain = slower lap times so adjust the AI to suit.... pretty basic.

First season ... I had rain on the majority of tracks and best I did was 8th in China ... The second season Im doing now I've got to valencia and no rain yet so easy going for me 👍

But to prove the AI is fake timed ... In Singapore it was 62% chance of rain so i put out a lap at the start of qualy ... got pole. It started raining after 2 or 3 laps so I came in ... all times were 3-4 seconds off my time including mine when I went out with inters. Towards the last 5 mins they all popped in fast laps and I started 23rd :(

Before the moaning comes in - I know about the driving line of the track drying up from 24 racers going round on it but that doesnt make my time in the fully dry track embarassing does it..

Back