Skoda Fabia (6Y) WRC 2003

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 14 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage presents another Skoda, the Fabia WRC from 2003.
I like the livery, 300hp eleven years ago was a lot and it was a rally car. So why not coming to the Gran Turismo?

2ew2q20.jpg

The Skoda WRC car derives from the Fabia RS. It was created as a full-fledged rallye automobile from the basic model through extensive modification of practically all aggregates. The skeleton of the self-supporting body, as well as the outer components, derive from the Fabia RS model.

In order to accommodate its wider tyres and larger wheelbase on both axles, the fenders and wheel arches have been adjusted to reach the maximum admissible width of 1,770 mm. The floor pan was modified to allow installation of a 4WD. The large central tunnel forms carries the rear-wheel driving shaft and the robust heat-insulated exhaust pipe. The fuel tanks have a total capacity of 90 liters. The front windshield and the side windows are electrically heated to ensure good visibility for the driver under all climatic conditions.

All aerodynamic elements (e.g., the front bumper, rear spoiler) have been greatly modified, compared with the Fabia RS. Their design is subordinate to functionality and is the result of meticulous optimization in an aerodynamic tunnel.

The Fabia WRC is powered by an updated version of the engine used in the former Octavia WRC vehicles. Like all competitors' vehicles in the WRC category, it has a four-cylinder Turbocharged engine with maximum admissible displacement of 2000 cm3. The basic Skoda power unit for WRC models is the Konzern's well-known Turbocharged 1.8-liter engine with a five-valve distributor.

The interior is strictly functional. The design of the dashboard derives from the series version, but is made of extremely light materials. Instead of the usual instrument panel, the Fabia WRC has a display with LED lights indicating, when in standard mode, basic information on possible excess of the limits of functions important for operation during a rally.

Specifications
Country of origin: Czech Republic
Produced in: 2003
Engine: Straight 4
Displacement: 1.999 liter / 122 cu in
Valvetrain: 5 valves / cylinder, DOHC
Fuel feed: Fuel Injection
Aspiration: Garrett Turbo
Power: 300 bhp / 224 KW
BHP/Liter: 150 bhp / liter
Chassis: Unitary steel
Front suspension: McPherson struts, lower triangular arms, coil springs over dampers
Rear suspension: McPherson struts, two cross beams, longitudinal beams, coil springs over dampers
Steering: Rack-and-pinion, power assisted
Brakes: Ventilated discs, all-round
Gearbox: 6 speed Sequential
Drive: All wheel drive
Weight: 1230 kg / 2711.7 lbs
Power to weight: 0.24 bhp / kg

io3h5k.jpg

29zbmb.jpg

263cuuh.jpg

4kxvv7.jpg

180px-Skoda_Auto_logo_(2011).svg.png

THE OTHER SKODAS ARE HERE:

29w6br8.jpg

Last edited:
Voted. And just when I thought nobody will suggest it.

Along with road version of Fabia RS and Octavia RS, the Fabia WRC would make a great Škoda lineup for next Gran Turismo. 👍

Not sure if its a different spec, but I already suggested the Fabia WRC 2005...

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/Škoda-fabia-wrc-2005.310049/

Hi mate,

No it's not the same car.
The first Fabia was produced from 2003 to 2004. (I picked up 2003)

You have picked up the 2005 car actually the Fabia EVO II.
By the way the last little picture in your OP is from the Fabia 2003.

The Fabia WRC 2005 homologation by the FIA was on March 2005.
And the WRC debut was in the Rally Mexico, March 2005

The specifications of both are almost the same. But the the car from 2005 has of course other specifications and add-on's, like a three clutch, gearbox, differential and electronics. Also the bodywork is not the same, there is difference between both models as well.

By the end took the begin year of the Fabia and you the end .... and the circle is closed.
And both cars were very significant for Skoda that's why I propose it.
Hope I clearfy enough?

Have a nice!
:cheers:

Hi mate,

No it's not the same car.
The first Fabia was produced from 2003 to 2004. (I picked up 2003)

You have picked up the 2005 car actually the Fabia EVO II.
By the way the last little picture in your OP is from the Fabia 2003.

The Fabia WRC 2005 homologation by the FIA was on March 2005.
And the WRC debut was in the Rally Mexico, March 2005

The specifications of both are almost the same. But the the car from 2005 has of course other specifications and add-on's, like a three clutch, gearbox, differential and electronics. Also the bodywork is not the same, there is difference between both models as well.

By the end took the begin year of the Fabia and you the end .... and the circle is closed.
And both cars were very significant for Skoda that's why I propose it.
Hope I clearfy enough?

Have a nice!
:cheers:

Yeah that's cool.

Looks like it means business. Not into race cars, but lately I see some fine examples of men (and women) going sideways in machines that make me drool. This one's no exception. Gets my vote. Frankly, GT could use more current WRC/IRC rally machines....

Back