• 258 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Cardahs-
Banner.png
Playstation 4
Thursday Nights at 9:00 PM EST

Promo production: Cardahs

Welcome to Formula Stars presented by SNAIL. Formula Stars is a mixed open wheel series using the Formula A (FA), Formula B (FB), Formula C (FC), Formula Gulf 1000 (F4) and the Formula Rookie (F5). We are currently looking for clean and respectful driver's to participate regularly, If you are interested in joining please look down below and follow the instructions.

Series Founder/Director: Cardahs
Series Co-Director: Oshawa-Joe, Aerolite
Race Steward's: Cardahs
Series Host: Cardahs
Scorekeeper: Cardahs
Series Photographer:
Series Videographer: Cardahs

Regulations:
  • Two (2) timed races with 2 different car/track combos
    • Two (2) 20 minute timed races
    • Two (2) 15 minute qualifiers
  • Grid positions will be determined by your finishing results in both 15 minute qualifiers

Combos:

Combos will be posted on Sundays for the following Thursday night but can also be found at Post #3.

Applying:

To apply for Formula Stars, please post the following.
  • GTPlanet ID
  • PSN ID
Once you apply I (Cardahs) will post your welcome post as soon as possible. By applying you are agreeing to the SNAIL OLR & The Good Racecraft Guide which can be found below.

SNAIL OLR
Ultimate Livery Guide created by @austindeckerGT5

Structure & Sessions:
  • Privacy - Private
  • Event Length - Time
    • Race #1: 00h 20min
    • Race #2: 00h 20min
  • Maximum Grid Size - 16
  • Max Number of Human Opponents - 15
  • Fill with AI Opponents - No
  • Opponent Skill - 0% (No AI will be racing)
  • Opponents all Identical Car - Yes
  • Car Class - Current
  • Rolling Start - No
  • Practice 1 - 00h 00min
  • Practice 2 - 00h 00min
  • Qualifying - 00h 15min
  • Warmup - 00h 00min
  • Mandatory Pit Stop -No
Conditions:
  • Weather - Various (Post #3)
    • Progression - 10x
  • Date Type - Custom (Real date)
  • Starting Time - 12:00 PM
  • Time Progression - Real time
Restrictions:
  • Force Interior View - No
  • Force Manual Gears - No
  • Force Realistic Driving Aids -YES
  • Force Default Setups - YES
  • Allow ABS - N/A
  • Allow Stability Control - N/A
  • Allow Traction Control - N/A
  • Damage - Off
  • Mechanical Failures - No
  • Tire Wear - Real
  • Fuel Usage - Real
  • Auto Start Engine - Yes
  • Flags and Penalties - Off
  • Allow Ghosted Vehicles - No
Championship points are awarded to each driver dependent on his/her finishing position at the end of each race.

1st = 16
2nd = 15
3rd = 14
4th = 13
5th = 12
6th = 11
7th = 10
8th = 9
9th = 8
10th = 7
11th = 6
12th = 5
13th = 4
14th = 3
15th = 2
16th = 1

Pole bonus: 1 extra point will be awarded to the driver with the fastest lap in both qualifying sessions.

Individual Championship:
  • All participants are eligible for the Individual Season Championship.
  • Total Championship Points earned during the season will determine the Season Champion.
  • In case of a tie in points after the completion of a season, the tie breaker will be determined by their quantity of wins during the season, if there is still a tie it will be broken by who had the best overall finishes.
DNF: If you do not finish the race or disconnect for some reason you will receive last place points. For drivers who complete qualifying but do NOT start the race will not receive championship points.
It is not necessary to choose a livery but feel free to post what livery you want to use and I will update it on the drivers list.
You are allowed to use microphones but ONLY in between races. Keep them muted until everyone has finished their race.
Results will be posted on Fridays followed by the combos being posted on Sundays.

Last edited:
Season 2, Round 3 Combos.

Track: Brands Hatch Indy
Car: Formula Rookie
Weather:
Light cloud
Light cloud
Clear
Clear

Track: Circuit Barcelona GP
Car: Formula C
Weather:
Light cloud
Light cloud
Clear
Clear

Last edited:
When you mentioned this the other day I didn't realize you were planning the change of day and time. Thursday nights definitely stand a better chance during the summer. Will try and make it.
:cheers:

That's great! It will be good to have you race with us. :)

I'm available for testing tomorrow. Maybe we can run a test session Thursday and see how it works out. Make some changes if needed for the first season.

Perhaps run a short race in each car on same track?

I'm available for testing tomorrow. Maybe we can run a test session Thursday and see how it works out. Make some changes if needed for the first season.

Perhaps run a short race in each car on same track?

A mock race Thursday sounds good to me, I unfortunately can't get online today.

I am all about this. Sign me up!!!

Edit: Do you also plan on using the Renault Formula 3.5? I really like everything from that level down. FA and FB are crazy fast. How's the IndyCar?

I am all about this. Sign me up!!!

Edit: Do you also plan on using the Renault Formula 3.5? I really like everything from that level down. FA and FB are crazy fast. How's the IndyCar?

Nice! No we wont be doing any of the DLC cars for this series as there are a lot of open wheel cars already to get through a season with. But we will be doing some special events which could include them and also some vintage open wheelers.

Last edited:
The vintage cars have such less grip, they're much harder to race in a pack. I like the Rookie, Gulf, and Formula C cars

Honestly though, who doesn't have the DLC now? They're so cheap, and if you have to buy two just for the Renault and Lotus cars you're still spending under 10 bucks. Just get 'em lol

The Formula Ford Lotus is a blast, but when you upshift it goes so low in the revs. So annoying to lose that "go" feeling.

Honestly though, who doesn't have the DLC now? They're so cheap, and if you have to buy two just for the Renault and Lotus cars you're still spending under 10 bucks. Just get 'em lol

The Formula Ford Lotus is a blast, but when you upshift it goes so low in the revs. So annoying to lose that "go" feeling.

It's a plan for the future but as of now the only cars we will be using are the ones listed in the banner.

Back