So closeF1 2010-2016 

woodthrasher
Wood Demon 80
I just recently started playing F1:2010 for the PS3 and it is great. I really like the AI and the overall car physics. I did just experience some major heartbreak though on my last race.:banghead: I held 1st place for nearly the entire race until it started raining on the last five or so laps. All of a sudden my car seemed to go completely wacko and lost grip with less than two laps to go. I had been racing in the rain for a couple of laps already (4 I believe) and everything was just fine and then all of a sudden bam! I went from holding onto 1st with a +30 sec lead to finishing in 18th place.:ill: Still don't understand what happened.:confused: Regardless though, the game is a blast, especially with a Fanatec wheel setup.

Sorry for lost in such way.

Sometimes its worth to change tires to intermediate, specialy if You had big advantage.
Did You noticed which tyres have AI drivers ?

Hi Bazylfox,

I raced the entire course on intermediate tyres. I only did a 50% race so I had to do 28 laps on that particular track (I forget the name, the one in Japan I believe). I have been racing on medium so far and I had qualified 2nd in that particular race. I led for probably 24 of the 26 laps until the disaster happened. The rain began around the 20th lap. My pit manager told me to pit in and switch tyres only if I felt that I needed to, should I have done this? At the point when he told me this the car still felt great so I didn't see any need to switch and lose time on my lead which obviously became a mute point in hindsight anyway.

I was in an online sprint race on Istanbul one or two days ago, I was in the Force India car, the pack pretty much wreck and spun out a couple times in the beginning, on the final lap the 2nd place guy was getting closer to me, by the end of the straight he was pretty close, I take the first two turn and I spin out in the final corner :/ after leading for nearly 3 laps I spin out on the last corner of the race

Hi Bazylfox,

I raced the entire course on intermediate tyres. I only did a 50% race so I had to do 28 laps on that particular track (I forget the name, the one in Japan I believe). I have been racing on medium so far and I had qualified 2nd in that particular race. I led for probably 24 of the 26 laps until the disaster happened. The rain began around the 20th lap. My pit manager told me to pit in and switch tyres only if I felt that I needed to, should I have done this? At the point when he told me this the car still felt great so I didn't see any need to switch and lose time on my lead which obviously became a mute point in hindsight anyway.

Intermediates will work in the rain to a point, when the track get's too wet, you'll need full wet tyres.

I've never figured out how to tell in game, except by trial and error. When I started slip sliding, time for the next set! Maybe some other more experienced folks will be able to fill us in!

Intermediates will work in the rain to a point, when the track get's too wet, you'll need full wet tyres.

I've never figured out how to tell in game, except by trial and error. When I started slip sliding, time for the next set! Maybe some other more experienced folks will be able to fill us in!

Yep, sounds like I should've pitted in when the pit manager suggested it. Now when it's raining like that will the appropriate tyres be put on automatically or is there a way for me to dictate which ones I want? I actually pitted in on lap 27 once I realized I wouldn't make it around the track for another lap but when I came out I still had the same issue. Makes me think that they just put on the same type of tyre that I had been racing with previously. So much to learn but damn I love this game. If F1:2011 is as big of an improvement as the team at Codemasters is claiming then wow!

this

I figured out what happened. When I went in to pit for wet tyres I didn't select to have those tyres put on. I am not used to having to tell my crew what to switch to so I didn't tell them and they let me drive out with dry tyres in pouring rain. Lesson learned though.

Back