*SOLVED* Problem with Logitech G25 Pedals !!

• Thread starter iNs3CuRe
  • 5 comments
Poland
Manchester | UK
OnoMaToPeja_
PS3>360.GOT.IT?
Hey everyone! I currently got a problem with my G25 that I think has been building up for a long time. So let me start off with saying that I own the wheel for about 3-4years and the wheel has been through about 4 different racing cockpit projects, and by that I mean the pedals have been taken out the original casing and put back in multiple times. Few months ago I started to get the Spiking/ jumping fault on my accelerator. What I did is I took the accelerator apart, I cleaned it and it was working until about a week ago. The problem came back and it was getting bigger and bigger. So today what I have done is following the guides on the internet I opened up both the accelerator and brake pedal. And I have sprayed WD-40 in the potentionmeter like it says in the guide. Shortly after that I sprayed some grease in a can. I started GT5 to check if the problem has dissapeared. Everything was working perfect until about 30 minutes of gameplay. My accelerator pedal suddenly started cutting off and I had to pump it a few times to get it to work. I continued playing/checking for another 5 minutes and it was just getting worse and worse. So I took the accelerator out again and i took a compressor with and a airgun and I have cleaned the potentionmeter, pluged it back in started the game. And from what I saw the accelerator works fine until the brake pedal is pressed? after that I used both pedals and they worked fine, so I been checking for another 10 minutes. And the clutch pedal started engaging out of no where. And when I pressed it by foot it wouldnt work. So currently where Im at is. The accelerator works most of the time, so does the brake but the clutch doesn't.
Currently what Im thinking of doing is getting 3 of these brand new potentiometers.
Potentiometers

I think that after about 4 years of use the wheel deserves it. Please tell me what you think :guilty:
BTW Im polish so i hope what I wrote makes sense :ill:

Last edited:
Well, you could always disassemble the pots and clean off the grease you put on with the WD40 and so on. Cause it seems the things are short circuiting now to me. If that fails, just get some new pots.

Ok I cleaned the pedals and pots part by part today. It took me 2 hours. I pluged everything back in and it still didnt work how it suppose to. The clutch was engaging when it wanted and the accelerator kept cutting off. So I thought "hmm Il check the cables behind the steering wheel" And the pedals cable was pluged in half way... It probably loosened out after some time. I pluged it in all the way and it works perfectly :) Thanks for the help Logiforce and the problem is now solved :D Hopefully for a long time.

Back