(SOLVED) Problems with manual transmission and clutch. bug or feature of the game? GRAN TURISMO 7

• Thread starter Alexgtr
  • 12 comments
Argentina
Argentina
Hello everyone!
First of all, I'm playing in Gran Turismo 7 in PS5 with a logitech g29 steering wheel with pedals and shifter, I consider myself a purist, I mean most cars I make minimal modifications to them and on the subject, some cars leave stock transmission or Manual race transmission Fully customizable.

I mention this because I like to use the clutch and shift stick to change gears.
But lately I have noticed that the gears jump, for example I am in 2nd gear I leave the curve and when entering the straight I accelerate to 3rd gear, when I am waiting for the rpm to rise to go to 4th the transmission makes a noise "CRAK" and jump to neutral... which makes me lose time because if I put 4th gear the car goes slow since the rpm is still low and makes me have to put 3rd gear again to gain the rpm that I need to put 4th gear.
It also happens to me both at low and high rpm, another example I am approaching a difficult curve, I brake and I also do it with engine braking using the transmission, I put 2nd gear I am with moderate rpm passing the curve slightly pressing the accelerator to avoid losing traction and in the middle of the curve "CRAK" of the transmission sounds, the gear jumps to neutral... it happens 2 or 3 times per lap!!!!

My brother the other day when he was at my house suggested to me that it may be something of the "realism" of the game and that the transmission cannot withstand the force of the engine... if so, it is quite annoying... for all the realistic things that the game lacks, I change them for this "feature".
or if it's a bug... it's driving me crazy!!!!

Has this happened to any of you? or is it "feature" in the game? It's a bug?
Thank you very much
sorry for the english (google translation helped me) haha
Cheers

Last edited:
in GT4 5 & 6 on my PS2 and PS3 I used a Logitech G25
and developed issues with the shifter after a while
I believe you are having similar issues with your G27
from what I understand, it is a common problem

in GT4 5 & 6 on my PS2 and PS3 I used a Logitech G25
and developed issues with the shifter after a while
I believe you are having similar issues with your G27
from what I understand, it is a common problem
Hi thanks for the answer, but it os Gran Turismo 7 Ps5,
It also crossed my mind that it could be a problem in the logitech stick, but this does not happen to me if I install the fully customizable racing transmission, that's why it makes me think that it is a bug or a feature of the "realism" of the game, and You may be wondering why I didn't just put the racing transmission on it?
and I want to use the clutch haha
cheers and thanks!

It’s not a problem with your wheel. It’s how GT does the clutch, they nerfed it a long time ago.

It’s not a problem with your wheel. It’s how GT does the clutch, they nerfed it a long time ago.

OMG!!!!! I appreciate that you have clarified the doubt but this is ruining the experience of the game.
why do they do these things?!?
I refuse to put racing transmission, I am not competitive but I like to try to improve my times and this does not help me. my PP sweet spot for me is between 550-650 PP.
I hope they fix or chanhe this!!!

well you rock mate!
cheers and thanks!!!

OMG!!!!! I appreciate that you have clarified the doubt but this is ruining the experience of the game.
why do they do these things?!?
I refuse to put racing transmission, I am not competitive but I like to try to improve my times and this does not help me. my PP sweet spot for me is between 550-650 PP.
I hope they fix or chanhe this!!!

well you rock mate!
cheers and thanks!!!
You might like to ask for some proof of this statement so you can better understand the issue not saying he's lying but this is the internet after all 🤷‍♂️

the G25 and G27 are virtually the same wheel and shifter, in fact I didn't know the G27 worked on PS4 or 5

being older model wheels when the shifters go bad they can have a host of problems
like not going into gear, or going into the wrong gear, or jumping out of gear,
doesn't matter if you are playing GT4 GT5 GT6 or GT7 on a PS2 PS3 PS4 or PS5
it is just an issue with old Logitech shifters,

it could also be the game sees racing trans as sequential without clutch

HOWEVER there is another possibility, if it is primarily happening during turns,
you may have an issue with the wheel mounted paddle shifters OR the internal wiring
the cable that goes from the steering wheel and through the steering shaft and connects to the circuit board in the wheel base can also go bad, causing all sorts of problems,

you could try testing your wheel pedal and shifter on a PC, that may help narrow down the problem if it is a wheel shifter issue

hey guys thank you for your interest in my inconvenience but it is very likely what VEINZ says, if in some update they nerfed the transmission or they put this feature.
I didn't notice it at the moment because I'm making money with the SKYLINE GT500 and that car did I put a fully customizable racing transmission, which used the shift stick in H pattern to shift gears but I don't use the clutch because it has no effect, since I mention it I would like you to add the way to configure the buttons to be able to use the pattern H in sequential (3rd gear down and 4th gear up in DIRT 4 and PROJECT CARS 2 used it like this).

The problem I have happens randomly no matter if the car is old or new, BMW M3 '89 and BMW M3 '06 i tested yesterday afternoon, and I have this problem no matter if I'm in a curve or in a straight line.
and I don't have this problem in other games so is unlike it being a problem with my logitech shift stick.

It does not happen to me using a racing transmission like when i use SKILINE GT500, the conclusion that remains is that the manual transmission and the clutch have a bug or it is a "feature" or nerf the clutch.

I hope they fix this or change this, it's driving me crazy.
thanks for the interest of my problem!
cheers!

You might like to ask for some proof of this statement so you can better understand the issue not saying he's lying but this is the internet after all 🤷‍♂️
hello! Yes, I understood what you are saying and you are right, but since I do not have a direct way to contact SONY AND POLYPHONY (or I am not aware of how to do it), I have no choice but to trust the community.
Today when I get off work I'm going to do some tests and if I have time I'll make a video to illustrate what's happening to me.
Thanks a lot!!
Cheers!

Last edited:
The problem I have happens randomly no matter if the car is old or new, BMW M3 '89 and BMW M3 '06 i tested yesterday afternoon, and I have this problem no matter if I'm in a curve or in a straight line.
and I don't have this problem in other games so is unlike it being a problem with my logitech shift stick.
It's not a design feature of the game or a 'nerfed clutch' as far as I can tell. I've never once had a car go to neutral on its own with my T-GT and TH8A, so if it is something PD have done intentionally, they've not done it Thrustmaster GT wheels.

I have two of the E30 M3's one is stock, one is fully tuned. It's one of the cars I've used with my shifter the most and I've never once had either of them put itself in neutral.

It sounds like a faulty microswitch in the shifter or perhaps the clutch pedal to me, or maybe even in the paddles (or maybe you're sitting on your Dual Shock controller* and that's trying to get the car to change gear).

*I've actually done this before and thought my wheel was faulty because the car was doing things I wasn't doing with the wheel!

This is a change they made way back in GT5 to nerf power shifting and it has carried on since then. They actually nerfed it even harder during the GTS era with patch 1.36 but reverted it back and banned the clutch and shifter from sport mode.

This is a change they made way back in GT5 to nerf power shifting and it has carried on since then. They actually nerfed it even harder during the GTS era with patch 1.36 but reverted it back and banned the clutch and shifter from sport mode.

Why would they change it to randomly fall out of gear?

Hello guys!!
Thank you all for the interest, today when I get off work I will do tests to see if I get variants, how do I test it on my PC? I have a laptop, is there any program to test that? Because I don't have any games on the laptop. Last night I started to download the ASSETTO CORSA to see if the same thing happens there, if I have time I'll make a video.

If someone else is using shift stick and clutch and it doesn't happen to them, then I have to descart that it's something from the game.

Regarding the dualsence since you mention it, It is on while I play, but it is in a place where I cannot press any button, although it is close so i move easily through the menus.

Thank you all for the answers!
at night i'll show some results, if i got any.
Thank you!!!!

Hello everyone!
thanks for the interest, I already saw where the problem is, it is the shift stick but it is not necessarily damaged (luckily), the problem is that I have the habit of driving with my hand on the shift stick.

while I was playing ASSETTO CORSA after 30min, the gear jump to neutral like in GT 7 and here the trasmision get destroyed (the damage is more realistic I guess haha) I couldn't continue the race.

So with this, locate it is the shift stick, and note that while the gear is on example 2nd, the stick has a lot of movement, it can move 4 or 5 mm on both sides.

Then i go to GT7 and notice that there is a menu to calibrate pedals and shift stick and there I noticed, while it is in gear and i move the stick, the button register shows NEUTRAL for a fraction of a second.

conclusion... in addition to feeling like a fool haha, I tried to drive making the mental effort of not touching the shift stick until I need to make the shift... AND YES!!! 4 races in a row without problems.

solution (maybe), I was looking on google and saw mods that can be installed on the shift stick to improve the feeling of the H pattern. something like this.

Well thank you all for the interest. please don't be mad at me! Haha
cheers!!

Attachments

• modcambio_v3_5_logitech_3drap_aluplate_2.jpg
    modcambio_v3_5_logitech_3drap_aluplate_2.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 22
Back