Something cool I just found regarding racing tires on older cars

• Thread starter BloodRaven
  • 10 comments
United States
United States
Blood_Raven_70
Someone else may have noticed this and made a post about it, but I can't find a thread about it if they have.

When putting on racing tires on an older car (say, the DeTomaso Mangusta or the KPGC10 Skyline), the tires have a bit of a tread pattern on them just like the racing tires from that era. Meaning, they're not slicks like racing tires of today. I never noticed that until yesterday and thought it was a really cool detail.

This game has its faults, no doubt about it (which game doesn't, though?) But it also has things that make it really, really cool. And it's usually the small things that help it to stand out.

Nice find. Actually didn't notice that.
On another note, maybe you could re-title this thread topic related, so the next person doesn't have the same problem searching like you did :)

It‘s been this way since GT Sport. ;)
Gr.3 race cars, can have any tyre brand with any sticker on the car. And they're the bread and butter of this series. Could be a clause by Hankook, Porsche, Renault and Audi. I don't know.

PD make different tread tyres for road cars already. The road cars already have the PD "GT Sport" black letter tyres on all compounds. Sized 12346789/123(or whatever). Why not offer a colored letter option?

Comfort hard
DunC7kyU8AADGvj.jpg:large

Sport Hard
DunCqBYVsAE8G2S.jpg:large

Racing Hard
DunDWygU8AAHNwU.jpg:large

They've done this level of detail, at least adding white to the small "GT" and "Sport", shouldn't take up that much more time and data.

Again, the deletion of the letters from the cars I mentioned, doesn't make sense if the tyre tread are the same for slick tyres. The Sport Hard on the Fugu Z, is the same Sport Hard on the E92. Choosing Good Year or TOYO stickers, shouldn't matter. I think a couple cars have Falken stickers on them with different brand name on the tyres(Gr.3 SLS AMG?).

Yup, it’s the same with tread patterns for other tires and older cars in the game as well. For example if you put the sports tires on a car from the 60s you won’t get the modern sport tire tread pattern, you’ll still see the old traditional tread pattern of the time the car was made.

Someone else may have noticed this and made a post about it, but I can't find a thread about it if they have.

When putting on racing tires on an older car (say, the DeTomaso Mangusta or the KPGC10 Skyline), the tires have a bit of a tread pattern on them just like the racing tires from that era. Meaning, they're not slicks like racing tires of today. I never noticed that until yesterday and thought it was a really cool detail.

This game has its faults, no doubt about it (which game doesn't, though?) But it also has things that make it really, really cool. And it's usually the small things that help it to stand out.
This was in fact something PD had modeled since GTS, I first noticed it when I accidentally applied snow tires on the old Alpine A110 in scapes, and then immediately checked all the tires.

Latest Posts

Back