Something needs to be done about Maggiore II (Reverse) track limits

• Thread starter banDK
  • 6 comments
Denmark
Denmark
PD need to add some gravel traps or grass sections on Maggiore Reverse.

I just had pole in the Huracan race, but second place abused the hell out of the track limits. In several turns outside there is just tarmac and since it's on the outside of a turn he was not penalized for cutting a corner. He got a SERIOUS exit speed advantage by going WAY wide in turn 3 every lap to set up a less tight turn 4 entry.

The person that I raced against did the following on each of the 4 laps making it impossible to keep up with him:

giphy.gif

What makes this faster than staying on the track is that turn 3 he can go much faster through since he takes a much straighter line and then he gets a massive exit speed advantage in turn 4 onto the long straight since that turn is now much less tight.

During the race I thought that I saw him do another track limit abuse move elsewhere on the track, but looking through the replay he only did the following on lap 3, which looked like he unintentionally went wide:

giphy.gif

Even though this was an unintentional move by him on only one lap I actually think you can go much faster through this turn by going wide like that onto this tarmac section.

Thoughts?

Hopefully this will be put to PD's attention, so that they will do some changes to these particular off-track sections on Maggiore Reverse.

Gravel traps, YES. Penalty, NO.

Only reason I say that is because I got a penalty for going off the track on the outside of the turn on another track but it was an accident and it didn't make me any faster. I was slowed a lot but still got 10 seconds. lol

Much like turn 1 at the Red Bull Ring, the red is exceeding track limits and should invalidate your laptime. The white should be the warning kerb, and should be usable. Beyond that should exceed track limits.

Always amazes me to see track limit violations like this not penalized. Many games are guilty of similar issues.

Gravel traps, YES. Penalty, NO.

Only reason I say that is because I got a penalty for going off the track on the outside of the turn on another track but it was an accident and it didn't make me any faster. I was slowed a lot but still got 10 seconds. lol

Yeah, sure. Adding a gravel trap like I suggested in both places shown would be an easy fix. And you're right about no penalty, since penalties should be for inside violations only. Gravel or grass should always ensure that outside violations can never give any advantage.

Much like turn 1 at the Red Bull Ring, the red is exceeding track limits and should invalidate your laptime. The white should be the warning kerb, and should be usable. Beyond that should exceed track limits.

It's in the race.

There is a penalty out there, at least when doing Maggiore in the usual direction. I'm wondering if he's actually going around it.

When learning Maggiore originally, I'd sometimes get penalised and sometimes not, depending on where I went wide on the turn...

Back