Something smelly…

• Thread starter PJF
  • 2 comments

PJF

Portugal
Montijo
Hi guys!

Yesterday I final made it: I finished the WeatherTech Laguna Seca World Touring Car 700.

I’ve been trying it with Supra race car 19 Gr4. Unfortunately, when I thought I’ve nailed, the 1.20 actualization come… Why was this a problem?

Well I had figured out the fuel map, so the hard tires would be sustainable for the 10 laps, but after the 1.20 the tire model completely changed and at lap 5 I was already on red. In conclusion, now, I always had to pit and the only available strategy was not to pit. What the hell…

There are some things about this race that should be said: why do I always takes – more and less – one-minute pitting when all others car takes much less?

Let’s see: The Suzuki Gr 4 entered Pit when I was arriving at start-finish straight, and made it out before I ended that straight. How the hell it’s that possible?

It feels like some kind of cheating…

So why should I being in a struggle, trying to achieve a Gr4 victory, spending credits in other Gr4 cars, just for the sport, when the rules didn’t obligate me to?

It took me - must say – sometime to be ok with the solution I’ve found… But… What the hack! There was something smelly about the balance of this race!

Last night I took my PEUGEOT Vision Gran Turismo Gr.3, lower it to 699PP, placed hard tires, and went to the track.

Spite Gr3 cars are superior to Gr4 cars, the rules didn’t prohibit, and – still - it wasn’t easy.

I pit once, at the end of lap 7, to tires and fuel, and made it to first place just at the curve before the pit way in at lap 10. I don’t know about you guys but to me it seemed a difficult race at the same…​

It is limited to PP.
Gr4 are slower on corners than Gr3 but with the same PP they should go faster on the straights.
But Laguna seca is almost all corners and no straights, so... Gr3 is by far the better choice.
Anyway you choose to make it easier or harder, if you want a harder challenge you can still use a Gr4, thats how GT games always worked
Also if you havent you should try to optimize the settings for that track, no matter the car. High aero, low gearbox...

Last edited:
It is limited to PP.
Gr4 are slower on corners than Gr3 but with the same PP they should go faster on the straights.
But Laguna seca is almost all corners and no straights, so... Gr3 is by far the better choice.
Anyway you choose to make it easier or harder, if you want a harder challenge you can still use a Gr4, thats how GT games always worked
Also if you havent you should try to optimize the settings for that track, no matter the car. High aero, low gearbox...
I here you, and that's I way I row; the challenge it's everything. In GT Sport I usualy made all the tracks with less HP then required, and that's were rewarded. In GT7 that's not rewarded but still I believe it's the way. Nevertheless, the balance between the diferent cars on the track should be equivalent, but it seems it's not. In what other way can we explain the time spent in the Pit? But one of this days I will try t again...

Back