Sound mutes on ai impact.. bug?

Canada
Canada
ice_queen_evlnx
I've noticed this since gt7 came out, when my car lightly contacts an ai car, the race sounds (engine, tyres, ai sounds, etc..) go mute for a second.

Is anyone else getting this, or is it just that my old fat ps4 can't handle that many sounds at one time?

Purely for my own amusement and to keep from being annoyed by it, i like to think it's my driver cussing at the ai for swerving into my car like an idiot 😅😂

I didn't play gt sport much, couldn't get past the lack of tuning options.. so i wouldn't know 🙃

And the collision sounds, i dunno they kinda seem to quiet a bit too. I think.. but yea they are audible more than the muted race sounds.

So it's not just my equipment but a gt programming thing?

I didn't play gt sport much, couldn't get past the lack of tuning options.. so i wouldn't know 🙃

And the collision sounds, i dunno they kinda seem to quiet a bit too. I think.. but yea they are audible more than the muted race sounds.

So it's not just my equipment but a gt programming thing?
No idea why that happens. I am positively certain that you don't go deaf after a minor fender bender in real life, so who knows what Polyphony was thinking.

I noticed the sounds going quiet on collision too.

I played a lot of GT Sport and never noticed it there, but noticed it fairly quickly in GT7, so I think it's specific to this game (but has been there I think since the start, I don't think any patch introduced it)

I still say it's the driver cussing out the ai for being morons, it's just censored so that's why it goes quiet 😅😂😂

Last edited:
Back