Spec 2.0,a sign of things to come?

• Thread starter phil bell
  • 25 comments
PepsiMaxCrew
Just when I was about to give up on GT5 this spec 2.0 comes in.

Do you guy's believe there will be more of this to come or is it just a flash in the pan?Your thoughts below.:)

Also on an unrelated note I lost my PSN password and can't get a new one,am I screwed?:scared:

Call your local sony customer support, they may help you recover the password (or get a new one ).
Good luck with it.

Hope that spec 2.0 will keep me busy for a while, anything over that is bonus.

It's more specific than that. Will updates end with Spec 2 or will it continue?

We're half right.

Those threads are all still specific.

Last edited:
Spec II really does feel like a send off. I believe they will probably patch any issues and release more DLC but as for feature updates I think this might be it. I'm obviously more then happy to be proved wrong Mr Yamauchi and team ;)

The question can still easily be presented there.
It's usually drivel. Questions are forgotten after half a page of replies or not cared about to start with. I know what you mean, but if phill bell's thread were completely useless, the first thing he'd have to open this thread with is, "Hey, did you guys hear about Spec 2.0? Sounds like a big one. Discuss Spec 2."

We already have that kind of thread.

Spec II really does feel like a send off. I believe they will probably patch any issues and release more DLC but as for feature updates I think this might be it. I'm obviously more then happy to be proved wrong Mr Yamauchi and team ;)
That makes a lot of sense, something I wouldn't doubt. 👍

They might turn all their resources, however many people were used for the online updating team (Kaz had one online team, the rest of PD worked on other goals), onto GT6 work.

Then again, the online team shouldn't be taking away much resources from the people working on GT6.

Wait....

I'm really hoping more is coming, be it even almost a year after Spec 2. Would be nice. But spec 2 isn't going to come without bugs and glitches. Expect several patches after the release.

I think there might be more added if the money comes in from the DLC, but I think GT6 is the most likely outcome. GT1 and GT2 were PS1. GT3 and GT4 were PS2. GT5 might lead to GT6 on PS3. It seems that each odd number GT was a building block for the even numbered GT.

Just a guess but spec 2 is probably a flash in the pan as far as free stuff goes. Forza 4 is right around the corner so PD wants to keep people playing their game and not the competition. After spec 2 who knows, might be nothing free after that...

I'm confident in saying updates will continue. Who knows what they'll be, but I think there will always be something to change until GT6 comes. I'm not talking about Spec 2-like contents, just the normal type of updates we've been getting.

Nothing ever came to be of "GT Driver's Club".

Spec 2 is not a sign of things to come

Its a sign that PD is a company that actually listens to what people ask for and gives it to them

I suspect several minor updates for a few years until gt6 comes out. will i, and most people play the game that long, probably not.

Whatever,go make trouble elsewhere if you can't contribute constructively.I've been here long enough to deal with people like you.

Whatever,go make trouble elsewhere if you can't contribute constructively.I've been here long enough to deal with people like you.

Hey I was trying to help and point you in the right direction but you got on your high horse and started the name calling not me.

Mark
Hey I was trying to help and point you in the right direction but you got on your high horse and started the name calling not me.

As a third party viewer, it looked like your comments with the links were very sarcastic.. people dont like to be talked down to.

Yup, and having any sense of rationality, people should know that speaking, let alone typing, in a second language isn't the easiest.

Unless phil bell's name is in fact Phil Bell, then we have a problem.

If i recall correctly , there was a GT5 Prolouge spec III wasnt there?
There was, but it wasn't anything nearly as great as Spec II though. I'm pretty sure Spec III was released the month after. Spec II was released 3-4 months after Prologue was released.

released leased leased leased yeast

As a third party viewer, it looked like your comments with the links were very sarcastic.. people dont like to be talked down to.
You hit the nail right on the head mate,that's what it was phrased like which is why I found it irritating.
Ok granted I shouldn't have called you an "idiot" and I retract that remark but as the others have said this thread is different,more specific as outlined in post 1.

Hence telling me all that and lecturing me to use the search function is rather frustrating as I've been there and done that,especially when Im looking for racing advice or tunes.

So no,using the search is not hard unless you are trying to question my intelligence though I hope you did not mean that or the sarcasm.

Last edited:
I hoping they continue to update and improve the game for years to come. It all the depends on the developer. For example Valve is still updating Counter-Strike Source which has been on the market for about 4-5 years (I think)same with the original Counter-Strike(really old).

Seeing that Gran Turismo is the only game PD focuses on I would assume they continue to update the game until possibly GT6 comes out.

Only thing I see stopping them from updates is if they are rushed by Sony and focus on GT6, thus not updating GT5.

That's my theory on it.

Back