Spec 2.0 bug fixes coming in about 2 weeks

• Thread starter SNAILZ
  • 21 comments
SNAILZ
I apologize beforehand if there is a thread already open which addresses all bugs since 2.0, and the fix of it. By all bugs I mean not just one specific problem of setting sheets, G27 wheel and endurance suspension. If there is such a thread please lock and ignore.

I've been reading posts on GTP about the G27 not being fully supported, failing endurance suspension and faulty setting sheets. All three have been acknowledged by Kazunori Yamauchi.

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
ピットレーンを回りきれないぐらい速い速度でピットレーンに進入して、そこで保存すると、再開後にピットレーンに戻れず自動運転のまま本コースに出てしまうようです
12 Oct
-If [one] go into the pit lane too fast and save there, it seems that the AI takes over fully when [one] try to continue.

So I guess one solution is that go into the pit slower or equal to 60km/h, which is the rule to pit on most occasions.

For G27 users and people upset with setting sheets, good news

Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
G27とセッティングシートの不具合、次のアップデートで直ります。ごめん。
13 Oct
Kaz_Yamauchi 山内 一典
2週間後、10月下旬ごろです。
13 Oct
-The problem with G27 and setting sheet will be fixed in the next update. Sorry.
-In 2 weeks, late October.

So two fixes have been confirmed, while the endurance suspension is not. There have been constant patches for fixing pit lane AI take overs, so I suspect this problem won't be fixed in a jiffy.

It's even better to remove it all together. No Ai in the pit. Do it yourself. Tire, fuel and save available when you have stopped.

Also the log in bonus thing that just disappears, but maybe that was a one off thing as it only happened once to me yet.
Good news however. : tup:

Good, now we need to fix all the game freezes.

I've been having this occasionally. Mainly during loading the track, never had freezes before 2.0 After a while, the scrolling car list during a track load will start to stutter and the track will never load.

Another problem is that even though standard cars now have interior views, none of them have windshield wipers. lol Just pointing that out.

And here's a question, does the rewind and go forward feature on replays only go one lap at a time? There's no way to go less than a lap at a time? If so, ah well. If not, well, that's what it's doing for me.

Related to the replays, when you rewind, all car damage and tire tracks stay in place rather than being removed when you back past the point where they first appeared. Not major, but it is a bug.

And here's the biggest problem for me. All created tracks made after the 2.0 patch are no longer usable in splitscreen. Since splitscreen doesn't allow weather change tracks, all the new tracks can't be used. They'll still count as weather change / time change even if you set all options to zero. Simple fix is to simply add an "off" option for these settings.

Haven't bumped into the endurance save glitch, but I haven't used the feature yet either. Not gonna risk it until I hear it's fixed.

Lastly, I'm pretty freakin' sure the game repainted one of my cars. lol It was a premium Honda NSX paint some neon green color. Now it's painted a very dark green metallic. I might just being going crazy though. :sly:

That's about all the "bugs" I can think of.

My biggest freezes right now are loading the Toyota and Nissan dealerships.

I've been having this occasionally. Mainly during loading the track, never had freezes before 2.0 After a while, the scrolling car list during a track load will start to stutter and the track will never load.

Another problem is that even though standard cars now have interior views, none of them have windshield wipers. lol Just pointing that out.

And here's a question, does the rewind and go forward feature on replays only go one lap at a time? There's no way to go less than a lap at a time? If so, ah well. If not, well, that's what it's doing for me.

Related to the replays, when you rewind, all car damage and tire tracks stay in place rather than being removed when you back past the point where they first appeared. Not major, but it is a bug.

And here's the biggest problem for me. All created tracks made after the 2.0 patch are no longer usable in splitscreen. Since splitscreen doesn't allow weather change tracks, all the new tracks can't be used. They'll still count as weather change / time change even if you set all options to zero. Simple fix is to simply add an "off" option for these settings.

Haven't bumped into the endurance save glitch, but I haven't used the feature yet either. Not gonna risk it until I hear it's fixed.

Lastly, I'm pretty freakin' sure the game repainted one of my cars. lol It was a premium Honda NSX paint some neon green color. Now it's painted a very dark green metallic. I might just being going crazy though. :sly:

That's about all the "bugs" I can think of.

You said all. What happened to you happened to me too.
Also some Standard cars have new textures now.

They need to release a patch that lets us choose whether to use the new loading system or the old one.

Don't know whether others have experienced this "bug" or not, but yesterday when I made a new track in the editor, and went to test drive it with a stock 458, the game put me on the start line as usual but the car wouldn't move, as if it wasn't going in to gear. Tried everything, reversing, putting the handbrake on, moving the wheel but no go. Just sat there revving in neutral (even though the gear indicator said I was in R or 1,2,3 etc). When I restarted all was normal again.

I had my C4 'vette stalled in 2nd gear while one wheel was still spinning and burning rubber like there's no tomorow while the crowd cheers at me @ Eiger

Don't know whether others have experienced this "bug" or not, but yesterday when I made a new track in the editor, and went to test drive it with a stock 458, the game put me on the start line as usual but the car wouldn't move, as if it wasn't going in to gear. Tried everything, reversing, putting the handbrake on, moving the wheel but no go. Just sat there revving in neutral (even though the gear indicator said I was in R or 1,2,3 etc). When I restarted all was normal again.

Also noticed here...

Happened to me also, it was ok after i restarted the race.

Ive had photo mode give me black screens sometimes aswell...

About replays I hope they add Slow Motion that would be epic.

No you know what would be epic, If they added super slow motion, the type you see in racing league broadcasts from time to time AND Then also allowed you to walk around in photomode WHILE the cars are movin and the replay is playing. In fact I will start a thread about this.

No you know what would be epic, If they added super slow motion, the type you see in racing league broadcasts from time to time AND Then also allowed you to walk around in photomode WHILE the cars are movin and the replay is playing. In fact I will start a thread about this.

That would actually be so incredibly helpful for tuning.

I wish the game didn't lock you out if you saved in the middle of endurance race. I want to do 24hrs Nurburgring but don't think I'll finish it before SPA comes out. If only we could 'pause' the race itself and do other stuff in GT5, I wouldn't hesitate doing 24hrs event.

It's even better to remove it all together. No Ai in the pit. Do it yourself. Tire, fuel and save available when you have stopped.

I think what you mean is.. add the Option.. to allow self guided pitting.
I envision self-guided pitting as troublesome if it was the only method.

How about tire screech / squeel disappearing until you go back to main GT life page?? It's been a constant bug since about release day. Have had new PS3 and new GT5 install and it still happens. Happened in an online room on Spec II release day, I had to exite the room to get tire sounds back. Have had it happen in A-Spec events too. Very annoying.

-If [one] go into the pit lane too fast and save there, it seems that the AI takes over fully when [one] try to continue.

So I guess one solution is that go into the pit slower or equal to 60km/h, which is the rule to pit on most occasions.

I had this with Mazda's at tsukuba, suspended the race once I was well into the pitlane, and when i resumed I was (with CPU controlling) back on the approach road (though not for long- overshot badly), its Ok suggesting approach the pitlane at the pitlsne speed, but the speedlimit applies in the pitlane itself, on the approach and exit lanes theres no limit, you can enter and exit as fast as you like. Its worked ok for me twice so far, got home tonight with 40 mins left, so easily do-able in 1 stint, instead get this, treid re-loading game twice, no joy. Endurance races were about all I had remaining to do on GT5, but as i do have a life sitting around for hours at a time wasn't going to happen.

Back