Jordan

Site Founder
Administrator
United States
United States
GTP_Jordan
GTP_Jordan
BeeHiiv Thumbnail.png

I'm starting something new called SpeedBites.com.

What is it?

SpeedBites is a free email newsletter summarizing the automotive and motorsport news of the day, delivered weekdays at 6:00am Eastern Time (10:00 UTC). It's simple and straightforward: each issue includes 10 to 20 headlines with brief summaries and links to sources if you want more information. Although GTPlanet articles might show up in the newsletter occasionally, SpeedBites is its own thing and will curate content from across the internet.

Why?

I do my best to keep up with car-related news the same ways most of you probably do, but I feel like I miss a lot of things and don't find out about them until much later (if at all). I'm increasingly relying on email newsletters to keep me up-to-date in other subjects, but I couldn't find one which adequately filled that gap for me in the automotive space.

I'm guessing that other people might feel the same way, so I've decided to give it a go myself.

How do I sign up?

Just visit SpeedBites.com and enter your email address. Each newsletter issue will also be published on the SpeedBites website.

The first issue will be sent on Thursday, August 8, 2024.

This is in "beta"?

It will require a lot of work to put each issue together, and figuring out exactly what type of content and stories to feature each day will be a process of constant refinement. It might not be realistic, or maybe nobody else wants something like this. The only way to know is to actually try it, so that's what I'm going to do.

During this "beta" period, some issues might be terrible. They might not arrive on time, or some days might be missed entirely, so I thank you in advance for your patience.

If you're interested, please sign up and let me know what you think!

View attachment 1379147

I'm starting something new called SpeedBites.com.

What is it?

SpeedBites is a free email newsletter summarizing the automotive and motorsport news of the day, delivered weekdays at 6:00am Eastern Time (10:00 UTC). It's simple and straightforward: each issue includes 10 to 20 headlines with brief summaries and links to sources if you want more information. Although GTPlanet articles might show up in the newsletter occasionally, SpeedBites is its own thing and will curate content from across the internet.

Why?

I do my best to keep up with car-related news the same ways most of you probably do, but I feel like I miss a lot of things and don't find out about them until much later (if at all). I'm increasingly relying on email newsletters to keep me up-to-date in other subjects, but I couldn't find one which adequately filled that gap for me in the automotive space.

I'm guessing that other people might feel the same way, so I've decided to give it a go myself.

How do I sign up?

Just visit SpeedBites.com and enter your email address. Each newsletter issue will also be published on the SpeedBites website.

The first issue will be sent on Thursday, August 8, 2024.

This is in "beta"?

It will require a lot of work to put each issue together, and figuring out exactly what type of content and stories to feature each day will be a process of constant refinement. It might not be realistic, or maybe nobody else wants something like this. The only way to know is to actually try it, so that's what I'm going to do.

During this "beta" period, some issues might be terrible. They might not arrive on time, or some days might be missed entirely, so I thank you in advance for your patience.

If you're interested, please sign up and let me know what you think!
When I feel comfortable in the future, I'll give it a go and just see what cool features this has, looking forward to it in the future!

Hi Jordan,

I signed up for your website.

A user friendly question. As i clicked on an article (the unknown porsche one), it didn't bring me straight to the article but to the top of the website, i don't know if it's possible to go straight to the article.

p78
Hi Jordan,

I signed up for your website.

A user friendly question. As i clicked on an article (the unknown porsche one), it didn't bring me straight to the article but to the top of the website, i don't know if it's possible to go straight to the article.
Thanks for checking it out!

That's a strange problem, it should take you directly to the article. I just tried it on my desktop and phone and the link worked as expected on both devices. I'm not sure what caused that for you but please let me know if you continue to see issues.

Thanks for checking it out!

That's a strange problem, it should take you directly to the article. I just tried it on my desktop and phone and the link worked as expected on both devices. I'm not sure what caused that for you but please let me know if you continue to see issues.
Worked fine for me too.

The headline title of the last edition was the 💣, definitely had me opening it up when I saw it. Was this idea almost a decade in the making?

Worked fine for me too.

The headline title of the last edition was the 💣, definitely had me opening it up when I saw it. Was this idea almost a decade in the making?
Glad you liked it. 💥 I'm experimenting with stuff, including subject lines.

Yes, I first came up with a similar idea back in 2011. It has taken a while, but I've finally decided to do something with it. :lol:

Glad you liked it. 💥 I'm experimenting with stuff, including subject lines.

Yes, I first came up with a similar idea back in 2011. It has taken a while, but I've finally decided to do something with it. :lol:
So, when did you initially begin working on this project, I'm interested too. I may get inspired to create my own personal website. See, we took an advanced computer class back when I was in high school (2009).

Back