Sport Daily Races: Race B or Race C (DR/SR)

• Thread starter Josephs
  • 3 comments
Australia
Australia
Hi friends! Apologies for my newbie question :)

I noticed between the daily DR/SR races, one (typically Race C) tends to be more extreme than the other, whether using cars with higher pp, Gr. 3, longer circuits, more laps, increased tire/fuel ware, variables like this ... it tends to make the other race (typically Race B) appear easier/faster/safer in comparison.

With that being considered, it remains unclear to me whether competing in either is more rewarding than the other.

One conclusion being, theoretically your DR/SR ranking is affected more often through races with faster outcomes, if you have more opportunities to participate in them more often, if the race is shorter and therefore presumably occurs more frequently.

How do you choose your race? Does it just come down to personal preference? Or are there other benefits to choosing one race over another?

Last edited:
A lot depends on how good your quali time is.

Yes in theory, a quicker race means a quicker outcome but it's also less likely you'll move up the grid due to a smaller race time.

A longer race favours consistency over pace in general, and often Race C has more tyre and fuel variables which can introduce strategy beyond just going fast (not this week though).

Last edited:
Personally, I like road cars better than race cars, so Race A is usually my preferred race. Other than that, like said above, race B is a short’ish sprint, with no strategy outside of “go fast”. Race C sometimes has some strategy involved, like fuel or tire saving, which I find to be more fun than the sprint races.

Then you have the Championship races, which are typically longer races with varying strategies, and have ongoing seasons/points. If I’m gonna do race cars, these are the types of races I normally prefer.

For me, it depends if one of them is a combo I particularly enjoy, a combo I’m particularly good at, and wether or not im trying to build an account or not.

If im trying to farm DR fast, then I’ll usually go for race B as it’s a quicker turn around. If race C is a combo I enjoy, then I’ll olay it regardless.

If I’m just playing for fun, then I usually just stick to custom races and hot-lapping

Back