Standardization of processes for requesting new content from Polyphony Digital

United States
Wasilla, AK
As you may have noticed, I've attempted to initiate the construction of a serious and reasonable petition that, upon finalization, will be sent to Polyphony Digital by an as-yet-unknown method (not just posting it on this forum, for any mods that are watching).

As PD has commenced the addition of new content to the game, I expect interest in affecting the content of future DLC and future Gran Turismo titles to increase. Therefor I believe it's not too early to begin standardizing processes for fleshing out the requests made in the petition. Again, the method of alerting PD to our wishes has not yet been deciced, and will depend on how much the original petition gets their attention.

In requesting cars for GT5 DLC and GT6, we're really going to be using two different processes. For GT5 DLC, large car lists would be inappropriate due to the nature of DLC. It would be better to finalize a reasonable list, organized by priority, of the cars we want upgraded to premium.

In requesting cars for GT6, we can become a bit more involved, due to the fact that GT6 is not released yet. I'm currently building a list of worthy cars, and when it's finished, I'll post it up and the debate can begin.

For tracks, I believe a different process architecture should be used, and used as quickly as possible. A simple "vote on these tracks" or "let's draft a list of what we want" process may be unsuitable for track requests - the list will be susceptible to bloat and delay, as people fight to get their favorite track, or the track they live next to, on the list. A better idea would be to simply assemble a list of the world's racetracks, rank them by desirability, prestige, and general awesomeness, sort them into priority tiers, and let PD decide how much they want to do. A sample framework is below:

Tier A: Tracks present in GT4 but not in GT5. Updates to GT5 tracks. We want these as GT5 DLC.
Tier B: Tracks present as GT5P weather locations or in the leaked shot of a workstation but not included in GT5. These can be done as DLC or in GT6.
Tier C: Modern, high-prestige tracks such as Zandvoort and Bathurst which do not fit into either of the above tiers. Highly desireable GT1-3 tracks not in GT5. These can be done either as DLC or in GT6.
Tier D: Medium-high prestige circuits such as Michigan Speedway and Watkins Glen. Less desireable GT1-3 circuits not in GT5. These may be done as GT5 DLC but are more likely to be kept for GT6.
Tier E: Less-prestigious tracks such as Nelson Ledges and Mantorp which are still capable of holding major events. Most likely to be kept for GT6 or 7.
Tier F: Mid-low-level courses such as Portland and Texas World Speedway. Smallish ovals and road/oval combos such as Dover, Loudon, and Richmond. GT6 or, more likely, 7.
Tier G: Low-level road courses like Tallageda road course and small ovals such as Martinsville, Hickory, and South Boston. Probably GT7 at the earliest.
Tier H: Courses and layouts that are in disuse but still exist. GT7-8.
Tier I: Courses and layouts that no longer exist, but existed recently enough that a reasonably faithful representation could be assembled from surviving footage. Courses from old non-GT video games, the rights to which would probably be inexpensive. GT7-8 at the earliest.
Tier J: Courses and layouts that no longer exist, and could not be perfectly or near-perfectly constructed from surviving footage (the original Hockenheim and Silverstone come to mind). Courses from newer non-GT video games, the rights to which would probably be extremely expensive or unavailable. Dirt ovals with reasonable public exposure. GT8-9 at the earliest.
Tier K: Kart courses, racing school courses (Bondurant facillities), small-town dirt and paved ovals with little to no public exposure, many of which lack hot pits, some of which may no longer exist. Courses from the newest non-GT video games, the rights to which would be prohibitively expensive or unavailable. These can come late or never.

I think that about covers it, but due to the high number of obscure courses inhabiting tiers H-K, any contribution to our knowledge pool would be greatly appreciated.

For requesting events, I'm not sure what the process will be (or, rather, I'm too lazy to elaborate right now).

I doubt we'll need to flesh out many other suggestions. I definitely doubt we'll need processes to do it.

Comments? Suggestions?

P.S. for any mods who see this, my methodology for sending the petition is not "post it here and hope a developer sees it." That methodology will be used for the fleshed-out suggestions only if the originial petition gets PD's attention well enough that they send someone to post here.

Remember, the future of GT is at stake.

Last edited:
What is your opinion of the processes? Do you think we should do something differently? Do you think it's too early to standardize processes and we should wait until the petition is in a more advanced stage?

Racing schools and kart tracks should maybe be in GT6.
Not many, but a few would be realistic.

you could put it in writing...I know its an outdated concept but here's the company info

Polyphony Digital Inc.
Established: April 2nd 1998
Location: Tobu Toyosu Bldg 2F., 1-10-19 Edagawa, Koto-ku, Tokyo 135-0051 Japan
Capital: 10 Million Yen
Employees: Approx. 110
Business Description: Planning and development of game software, and operation of surrounding services
Representative: President Kazunori Yamauchi
Board Members: Kazunori Yamauchi Representative Director
Kaz Hirai Director
Masaru Kato Director
Shuhei Yoshida Director
Kiyoshi Akutsu Auditor

Im pretty sure Kaz can read English!

I want the custom gearboxes fixed

Last edited:
I highly doubt that last part, he's hired a translator which leads me to believe he can't read or speak English. I'll save that info though.

the power of the writen word still holds....Think about it....If you get a letter you read it..If you get e-mail you check the subject and then delete it if it doesnt fit your mood that day...tell him who you are on GTPlanet....and list our user names....You can use GTP_Thedeester1 for mine!

Most Ceo's have people to read their mail so make it personal important!

And use a brown envelope

If you can afford it make it recorded delivery with the subnote it has to be signed for by the addresse....not his secetary

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back