Start GT6 > installing update > Start GT6 > Installing... 18 times???

• Thread starter sejtur
  • 21 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
I finally bought GT6 this week. My PS3 spent the whole night dowloading the updates. And now when I start up the game it says preparing update, then start saying 390 mins left. Then update failed. Is this the .02 update? Should be huh, because it doesnt say what update it is installing. I take it the PS3 is going to be installing all updates one after the other after restarting the PS3 after it is done installing with an update? So 18 times restarting and installing? This is great. What can I do about it? Does someone have a specific thread for this with the answer? Thank you!

If you use a wireless internet connection, delete all updates and start over again with a cable connection. I hope this resolves the problem. You can't do large updates with a wireless connection : too much download errors.

GT6 has issues when you try to download all the updates.

There are a few threads here on how to side step the issue of update failure.
You need to turn off the internet connection to check each part and you need to watch the download and prevent your ps3 loading the next one just to make sure the last update is good.

It is a lot of faffing about - but if you like GT it is worth the toil.
Good luck

Delete the updates, then do the updates by pressing triangle over gt6 and click on search for updates, then once they all download which they should disconnect your internet connection and go into the game, you'll get that in game update screen and it will say a rather large number but just let it download.

I was having the exact same problems and this fixed it for me.:cheers:

DSC_0007.JPG

That's what I'm looking at right now man, I feel your pain!
It took me three tries to even get this far, I had to reset my console to default settings to get things rolling.

Suffering the same problem. Havnt played in a long time and tried to play yesterday. was getting crashes when on dealership loading car images.

Deleted all updates and files and installed and downloaded around 5 times now and gets stuck on that installing screen on the post above mine then eventually says error after around an hour of no progress.

Suffering the same problem. Havnt played in a long time and tried to play yesterday. was getting crashes when on dealership loading car images.

Deleted all updates and files and installed and downloaded around 5 times now and gets stuck on that installing screen on the post above mine then eventually says error after around an hour of no progress.
Did you try resetting your console to default?

Does this delete all the data on there? I have so many games that it would have to be a very last resort.
Now that I can't answer unfortunately, I was given this console a while back and so that didn't concern me!
Having said that, I only reset my console after I had downloaded GT6 and it wasn't affected. I think it only resets your preferences.
It gives you a warning about what gets reset before you commit to it anyway so having a look won't hurt!
Best of luck man.

I had to do this on a borrowed PS3. Took 9 hours to download and install all the updates 8/. Delete any existing game data for GT on your system, re-do all the out of game updates, disconnect from the internet then start up GT6. Once loaded up, exit the game and re-connect to the internet. Now do the in-game updates by starting up GT6. It will give weird approximates of time but these are all wrong, it's just a reeealy long process!

I had the same problem as you and a whole load of other people, tried for almost 3 months before i gave up and bought the Download version of gt6........, you know what? - it installed all updates without any issues and works flawlessly. Yeah sure, I had to fork out more money for a game I already had - but it worked. I tried the disc version again recently (coz I'm a sadist) and it still tried to download around 19 updates!? wtf!, I threw that sucka out. I must say that i did try 3 gt6 discs bought all 2nd hand before buying the download, so for me the problem was the patch PD used for the disc version of the game........or one of the PS3 updates screwed things....who knows eh. btw, I'm not saying this will work for you - but it worked for me

Last edited:
http://community.eu.playstation.com...ended-GT6-Updating-Instructions/td-p/22766000

Recommended GT6 Updating Instructions

Steps to address the “Installation Failed” issue:
  1. Backup save data file to PS Plus or USB drive and delete existing save data file from the PS3 prior to update process
  2. Within the Games tab of the XMB select Game Data Utility
  3. Highlight GT6 Game Data and press the “Triangle" button and select DELETE
  4. While connected to PSN, highlight the GT6 game disc/game file from the XMB
  5. Press the “Triangle” button and select “Check for Updates”
  6. Accept the update prompts and begin patch process via the XMB
  7. Allow the first 6 patches to download and install.
  8. Once the 6th patch has finished installing, press the “Circle” button to cancel the download process
  9. Scroll left while on the XMB, and highlight the Settings Tab
  10. Scroll down to the Network Settings tab>Internet Connection and select DISABLE (this step will prevent the title from trying to complete the remaining TPPS patch process)
  11. Boot GT6 and follow the in-game prompts until the main menu appears. (this step will create new save data which will later be deleted)
  12. Once the initial in-game installation process is complete, press the “PS” button and Quit the game to return to the XMB
  13. Return to the Settings>Network Settings>Internet Connection screen and select ENABLE
  14. Highlight the GT6 game disc/game file and press the “Triangle” button and “Check for Updates”
  15. Once the first patch has completed it’s download/install process press the “Circle” button to Cancel
  16. Repeat steps 10-15 until all TPPS patches have been installed.
  17. Copy save data from step 1 back to the PS3 system (overwriting any existing save data that may have been created during the update process)
Although fairly complex, this worked every time.

Last edited:
I'm having all the same problems, but I can't do that process as I get the error message while installing the first update, the 1255MB one.

I'm having all the same problems, but I can't do that process as I get the error message while installing the first update, the 1255MB one.
The first update may cause issues is not rare, if that's the case: remove any GT6 data, turn off your internet router/modem, wait a couple of minutes, turn it on again wait for the modem/router the green light blinking, connect to PSN, in XMB push triangle on GT6 disc icon, check for updates. As soon as first update is done and installed and the second update is starting to download, press circle, exit and run the game, exit the game go back downlading this way, one update at a time until you reach 6th update, when you do it start following istructions as post above.
Another important thing I forgot to mention is: as soon as you press "check for updates" a black screen telling you it has been found version 1.19 bla bla bla.. press "X" button within 2 seconds or it won't work.

Last edited:
I've had just this, almost the same, though I didnt get the timescale showing. After around an hour the PS3 just beeps twice and heads off to sleep.

I've deleted the two Game data entries and they re-installed overnight/today, but still getting the same as above.

Ethernet connection next??

I've had just this, almost the same, though I didnt get the timescale showing. After around an hour the PS3 just beeps twice and heads off to sleep.

I've deleted the two Game data entries and they re-installed overnight/today, but still getting the same as above.

Ethernet connection next??
I had a similar problem the console beeps caused my file system to corrupt. So I let PS3 restoring file system,
I removed GT6 gamedata, and managed 1st update alone. Download, install, run the game, close the game, turn off PS3, turn off router. wait 2 minutes, start fresh and turn on again.

I just got this game for fathers day and wow. Started downloading the updates at 2:00 pm. Game was ready to play at 4:00 am next day. Thank god there were no errors in the process. I think a pretty clean HD and good internet definitely helps. LONG LIVE GT6!!!

Back