Stock Transmission Gear Ratio Adjustment

pidevildog07
Id like to know why they didn't implement this into the game. Right now Im using a Mach 1 Mustang on Silverstone Grand Prix circuit and it's topping out at 110! I really don't want to put a dog clutch transmission in it just to adjust gear ratios plus it kills the feeling of self expression that only a standard tranny gives you.:mad:

Because stock gearboxes don't have changeable ratios. Its an attempt to emulate reality.... you have to buy an expensive (and noisy) custom transmission to be able to swap out ratios.

I also would love to be able to modify gear ratios with the stock transmissions, I don't go the full custom tranny route to much just because you can't use your clutch when you do. I normally just go to with 5 or 6 speed option when I can just so I can use my clutch.

Because stock gearboxes don't have changeable ratios. Its an attempt to emulate reality.... you have to buy an expensive (and noisy) custom transmission to be able to swap out ratios.

That's simply not true. There are plenty of places that will cut custom gears for stock transmissions. It's expensive as all hell, but sometimes the only option in cases where no-one makes a dog box for your particular vehicle.

For some of the more common and widely used stock manuals (like the GM "Muncie" line, Ford's "top-loader" line, and the Tremec T5) there are even mass-produced aftermarket gear sets.

Further, a dog box does not have to be noisy; is perfectly possible, and relatively common, to build a dog box with the near-silent helical gears instead of loud spur gears.

I understand why PD did things the way they did; it's a simplified approximation of reality and that's fine. But it's simply wrong to say that you cannot swap ratios in a stock gearbox.

Also I would like to know why some cars only have the option for a 5 speed box, esp as most cars can be fitted with a 6 speed sequential box.
I wish they would have more option for standard box's with different boxes with fixed ratio's and a range of fix Diff settings. Esp as they are quite a few cars with the wrong ratio's fitted as standard.

You're seriously telling me when running the 1971 Daytona 500 that the average speed of 144+ mph was achieved with stock gearbox ratios :confused:

You're seriously telling me when running the 1971 Daytona 500 that the average speed of 144+ mph was achieved with stock gearbox ratios :confused:

You're seriously telling us that you think the 1971 Daytona 500 was run with un-modified cars? The racing cars did not use the stock transmissions. Nor did they use the stock engines, suspension, or final drive. All components were heavily modified for racing.

If only we could adjust each sound effect separately lol :) I'd have it engine 100%, tranny 50%, tires 50% for the most part.

You're seriously telling us that you think the 1971 Daytona 500 was run with un-modified cars? The racing cars did not use the stock transmissions. Nor did they use the stock engines, suspension, or final drive. All components were heavily modified for racing.

Well they sure as hell didnt use flappy paddle sequential gearboxes in those cars either lol!! I just want to be able to adjust the gear ratios while maintaining the use of clutch/shifter combo because, you know, it reflects reality. That being there were no sequential gearboxes used for racing in that era. So what gives?

Well they sure as hell didnt use flappy paddle sequential gearboxes in those cars either lol!! I just want to be able to adjust the gear ratios while maintaining the use of clutch/shifter combo because, you know, it reflects reality. That being there were no sequential gearboxes used for racing in that era. So what gives?

Ahhh, the bug that stops the H-pattern shifters from working with the dog-box in some (most?) cars. I didn't realize that your second post meant this was the issue for you.

Yeah, that's a bug they should fix.

Back