Stripes Editor

Sick_Cylinder
A livery editor might be difficult, but we recently gained racing numbers and I would like to see a stripes editor added to the game.

Racing stripes were introduced (as far as I know) by the Briggs Cunningham Racing Team - they used twin blue stripes on white cars and then they were made a popular feature by Carroll Shelby with the Shelby GT350 Mustang.

The stripes editor would introduce the option of having twin racing stripes added to a car. Default colours would be black or white depending on car body shade as per the stripes on the GT350.

Options would include painting the stripes a different colour and having them central or offset left or offset right.

Additional options would be stripe width and number of stripes e.g. two thin red stripes with a thick central red stripe on a white body would replicate the Willment racing colours.

1963276fs3.jpg

Above stripe example 1963 Willment 7 litre Ford galaxie

Last edited:
I wouldn't rule it out as we have got customisation options with the last 3-4 updates. The customisation suite for GT is steadily improving.

GT7 should be a different beast in this respect. Finally.

I wouldn't rule it out as we have got customisation options with the last 3-4 updates. The customisation suite for GT is steadily improving.

GT7 should be a different beast in this respect. Finally.
Yes, GT needs to improve a lot. GT6 is getting better and better but it needs to bring more features so people can be happy. Like the Livery Editor, for example.

Back