Stripped out road cars

United Kingdom
London
N. vonMarshall
I rather enjoy turning road cars in Gr.5ish style Race Cars but one thing always bothers me, the interior. A level 4 weight reduction would surely mean losing the rear seats and leather trim!

The Porsche 993 RS CS has bare metal interior and I do love tuning that car so it I am slowly building a fleet of them for custom racing.

Are there any other road cars that have a similar bare-bones interior?

It's a detail I hate too.

As you go through weight reductions, the first thing to go is the seats, carpets, interior door panels and so (because of the weight but also because it's things that are flammable too), just leave the dashboard. And GT7 doesn't do anything as you take weight of the cars. Doesn't make sense you go through weight reductions, building a proper race car, taking hundreds of kgs sometimes, just to keep driving on a fully equipped interior.

I run a Michelin Pilot Challenge inspired series (see link in my signature) that utilizes GT road cars built into a similar to GT4/GS spec race cars that has been a ton of fun. It would be huge if they integrated full race interiors once a car is weight reduced to a certain point, or simply make available a purchasable "Racing Weight Reduction" that renders the interior of a car into a bare metal and caged race car. I know this would be monumental trying to render for every car, but how hard would it be to render a generic race interior with a Motec display in place of the normal gauges and make the dash a Nascar style metal dashboard, that could be copy/paste for this mod to all cars. At least it would afford a more genuine feel from the inside.
Something like this:
Screenshot_20230524_163223_Samsung Internet.jpg

Here's to wishing!!

Last edited:
So basically you want them to create to entirely different interior models for the "RM" version? Yeah, I'm sure they'll get right on that.
Obviously you didn't read the entire post. If you were around when premium and standard cars were a thing in gt5, the interior view was silhouetted for all standard cars. What I was saying is for them to render a generic race dash with a motec display, no seat/metal floored passenger area, and a racecar package tray (for rear view) that could be used in any car upgraded to a race interior. It would the same for all cars bumped to a race weight reduction. Just speaking out loud....and btw, i noted "wishing" at the end of the post. No need for the snarkiness.

Obviously you didn't read the entire post. If you were around when premium and standard cars were a thing in gt5, the interior view was silhouetted for all standard cars. What I was saying is for them to render a generic race dash with a motec display, no seat/metal floored passenger area, and a racecar package tray (for rear view) that could be used in any car upgraded to a race interior. It would the same for all cars bumped to a race weight reduction. Just speaking out loud....and btw, i noted "wishing" at the end of the post. No need for the snarkiness.
I was around in those days, and remember page after page of complaints about the silhouette interiors. Do you really think that "generic racecar interior" would fly in 2023? And how would that work for VR users who can see all around the interior?

I would LOVE custom gauges for the interior in VR but I don’t see that happening considering several VGT cars don’t have interiors and you have to race like a Centaur in VR without any gauges or shift indicator. Things like turbos don’t add any weight to the car and that’s as simple as changing a number or two associated with a car and you really think they would do extra modeling to make upgrades more visually realistic then you’re barking up the wrong tree. Sadly PD doesn’t seem to care about the many problems in GT7 like the broken split screen multiplayer.

I believe that for cars with a gr.3 or 4 variant, pd could make those interiors an option for it, and for the rest they could do a basic copy and paste format for the interiors

I was around in those days, and remember page after page of complaints about the silhouette interiors. Do you really think that "generic racecar interior" would fly in 2023? And how would that work for VR users who can see all around the interior?
I would LOVE custom gauges for the interior in VR but I don’t see that happening considering several VGT cars don’t have interiors and you have to race like a Centaur in VR without any gauges or shift indicator. Things like turbos don’t add any weight to the car and that’s as simple as changing a number or two associated with a car and you really think they would do extra modeling to make upgrades more visually realistic then you’re barking up the wrong tree. Sadly PD doesn’t seem to care about the many problems in GT7 like the broken split screen multiplayer.
Its called wishful thinking for a reason. Just speaking out loud. So freaking serious around here.

Last edited:
I believe VR users still get no interior at all in Aston Martin DP-100...

Contrary to your opinion, I think VR users would benefit a lot more of this change, because the original dashboards are, most of the times, very hard to read, because of shadows/ reflections and so, it would be a lot easier to read the gauges and so with that "generic" dashboard, specially because with VR you can't use a third party dashboard on a tablet/smartphone.

After all, they would still get a full detailed interior on a normal road car, only would get a "generic" interior on heavely tuned ones.

Last edited:
Back