Stuck in the pits again!!!F1 2010-2016 

• Thread starter MC_PEA
  • 22 comments
MC_PEA
MC_PEA91
Is anyone else getting stuck in the pits waiting for the whole grid to past you before you are released from the grid?
I'v gone from being 1st before entering the pits then i come out of the pits in 12th.

Just completed a third stop of 4.3 seconds. Pitted from P1 and came out P6, which is realistic. Within three laps the rest of the AI pitted and I was back in P1, won the race.

Edit: Just completed a short 20% race at Silverstone with 1 pit stop. 3.744 seconds, my fastest time yet. And I am pitting in with other cars as well.

Last edited:
@OP: I saw this bug, too. Hated it in F1 2010 and was sure they´ll fix it in the new game. It´s almost a killer for me and F1 2011 to be honest. Yesterday i was on 5th position, after my stop i was 24th.... That just sucks. CM have to fix this! It´s so annoying. How can it be possible they don´t see such things while testing the game :( :(

You guys need to look ahead on the mini map and see if there are a bunch of other cars in the pits. If there are, then wait another lap before you go in. Or keep track of whether or not the other cars have pitted yet. If it's your scheduled pit and no one else has gone in yet, it might get crowded in there.

yeah.this happens to me very often in 2011..but not more often than in 2010..that time it got me very angry to lose 15 places due pitstop when i was 1st ,when coming to the pits:S

You guys need to look ahead on the mini map and see if there are a bunch of other cars in the pits. If there are, then wait another lap before you go in. Or keep track of whether or not the other cars have pitted yet. If it's your scheduled pit and no one else has gone in yet, it might get crowded in there.

You need to stop defending this game so badly and see that its not very good that you have to wait for there to be no other cars around before you pit. I want to be released from the pits as quickly as possible so i can over take people in the pits like it real life.

You need to stop defending this game so badly and see that its not very good that you have to wait for there to be no other cars around before you pit. I want to be released from the pits as quickly as possible so i can over take people in the pits like it real life.

I'm not defending it, I'm just pointing out something that is also true in real F1: You can potentially get faster pit stop times when your team is free in the pits.

And again, I'm not defending the game when I can honestly say that I have yet to experience a pit time over 5.7 seconds, and have recently had pit stops of less than 4.0 seconds in F1 2011, even with traffic in the pits. Those are just the facts of my experience, unbiased.

I'm playing on the PS3, what consoles are you guys having these issues with?

liQster
@OP: I saw this bug, too. Hated it in F1 2010 and was sure they´ll fix it in the new game. It´s almost a killer for me and F1 2011 to be honest. Yesterday i was on 5th position, after my stop i was 24th.... That just sucks. CM have to fix this! It´s so annoying. How can it be possible they don´t see such things while testing the game :( :(

A bit more detail on this would be appreciated,

Can't see where you lost all that time.

This has never happened to me (yet), but for those that have encountered this l hope codemasters fixes this... I heard that codemasters left a lot of edges sharp and dull in f1 2010, but l dont know if thats true...

MC_PEA
Mine take more like 8 to 10sec

Just have to say... Your profile pic is amazing...

This has never happened to me (yet), but for those that have encountered this l hope codemasters fixes this... I heard that codemasters left a lot of edges sharp and dull in f1 2010, but l dont know if thats true...

Just have to say... Your profile pic is amazing...

Cheers mate

A bit more detail on this would be appreciated,

Can't see where you lost all that time.

i went into pits, so did everyone else. i had to wait for every single car behind me to pass before i was released out of the pits. so i went from 5th to 24th :(

happened another time yesterday, so it is a bug obviously..

Just went into the pits in 2nd place, quite a distance away from the rest. Exited in 12th place after 6 people overtook me in the pit lane. Realism? pah.

liQster
i went into pits, so did everyone else. i had to wait for every single car behind me to pass before i was released out of the pits. so i went from 5th to 24th :(

happened another time yesterday, so it is a bug obviously..

What distance race are you running. Personally I do %100 and never have an issue this year or last.

Maybe try pitting a lap earlier or later.

I posted something about this in another thread but basically the solution is to change the strategy to a lap before the default or a lap after if your doing 20% races.

Also I think it affects the AI quite a bit as well, as it always seems like I gain a good 5-10 seconds now after the stops...

What distance race are you running. Personally I do %100 and never have an issue this year or last.

Maybe try pitting a lap earlier or later.

At the moment i do 20%, but i´m planning to do 50 or 100% races. do the oponnents all stop in the same round in 100% races as well? I´m curious.

liQster
At the moment i do 20%, but i´m planning to do 50 or 100% races. do the oponnents all stop in the same round in 100% races as well? I´m curious.

No mate. You'll be lucky to have anyone else in with you.

Better experience too.

No mate. You'll be lucky to have anyone else in with you.

Better experience too.

I think you´re right. Mby i give it a go tonight, my next GP is China (started new career with force india after i was disappointed by the williams). 70 Laps in rain, woohoo. Probably will finish 24th, 4 laps behind the lead.

It's really not the point though. Sure, longer races means you don't come across it, but whats the point in 20% then?

Back