Stuck on Grid/Auto Drive Solution?

• Thread starter eDirtyTati
  • 7 comments
United States
Atlanta, GA
eDirtyTati
Looking for a solution to the bug where you get stuck on the grid or in auto drive in certain lobbies. A quick search netted a few people mentioning it, but I didn't find a solution.

It was suggested by a friend that allow my PS4 to be a DMZ host in my router settings, as it was a port issue that would prevent you from racing in certain hosts' lobbies. My PS4 has a static IP and I set that IP as a DMZ host, reset my router, and booted the PS4 up. Entered a lobby with a host I always have issues with--no joy.

Has anyone been able to determine the cause and have a solution for this bug?

Exactly the same here. Game is unplayable online m. This occurs every single race. Going to check the router but this is shocking

Happens to other players in my lobbies but has never happened to me. We have noticed that if a player can not see another player in the lobby this glitch occurs. Could be totally coincidental. If one of the players who can not see the other leaves the lobby and comes back in so eveyone can see each other then no one gets the glitch. I do however need others to check to see if this is true with other lobbies.

After posting this, I switched my PS4's DNS to openDNS. Was able to race in their lobby for the first time ever. Went to work, came back and tried again, but had the issue again. Unfortunately, they weren't doing any more lobbies, but I'm going to clear temporary files and try again, still keeping the openDNS servers set up.

If that doesn't work, I'll switch to try Google DNS. It's weird that the issue occurred again, but I do think DNS may be the fix. Would be a shame if I have to clear temp files every time I leave/enter their lobby though.

Looking for a solution to the bug where you get stuck on the grid or in auto drive in certain lobbies. A quick search netted a few people mentioning it, but I didn't find a solution.

It was suggested by a friend that allow my PS4 to be a DMZ host in my router settings, as it was a port issue that would prevent you from racing in certain hosts' lobbies. My PS4 has a static IP and I set that IP as a DMZ host, reset my router, and booted the PS4 up. Entered a lobby with a host I always have issues with--no joy.

Has anyone been able to determine the cause and have a solution for this bug?
Also check your NAT type. If it is 3 then that could be the problem. NAT 3 not compatible with many lobbies unless they are fixed where the is the host leaves then the lobby will not transfer to another person. Friends only lobbies are more forgiving for NAT 3 connections. Hardwire your PS4 to the modem or router if possible.

After posting this, I switched my PS4's DNS to openDNS. Was able to race in their lobby for the first time ever. Went to work, came back and tried again, but had the issue again. Unfortunately, they weren't doing any more lobbies, but I'm going to clear temporary files and try again, still keeping the openDNS servers set up.

If that doesn't work, I'll switch to try Google DNS. It's weird that the issue occurred again, but I do think DNS may be the fix. Would be a shame if I have to clear temp files every time I leave/enter their lobby though.
I use Google DNS servers.

Primary 8.8.8.8
Secondary 8.8.4.4

https://twitgoo.com/best-free-dns-servers/

Back