Subaru Impreza WRX STI "Ken Block" TRAX SEMA 2009

• Thread starter StarLight
  • 7 comments
Portugal
Portugal
vd1xj4.jpg

StarLight Garage goes back to it's roots and suggest another extreem car,
actually a car on artic shoes, the so called TRAX WHEELS.
This suggestion is for the Ken Block Subaru Impreza WRX STI TRAX from 2009 SEMA Show.
As you can see, the TRAX WHEELS are not only for big cars like the Ford F150 but also for the smaller but more powerful Subaru IMPREZA.

2ew2q20.jpg

The Subaru Impreza WRX STI you see, is like a Swiss Army knife. It can be used for rally, drive a snow circuit, be installed with TRAX WHEELS (again for a snow track) and run a Gymkhana course. Maybe the Maybe the Ken's Subaru even has a slot for tweezers.

The competition-ready Subaru STI mounted on a set of snow-cat tracks (TRAX WHEELS) instead of tires. It was prepared by Vermont SportsCar, the same shop that builds all of the Monster Team’s rally cars. It has a 400 hp, 2.5L turbocharged engine and a 5 speed gearbox. Some serious shocks had to be put in to make room for the tracks. The final result is a beast of a car for the snow.

The SUbaru floats through powder like it’s swimming through whipped cream,. It carves S turns while never seeming to falter and then on the packed stuff, it’s like a normal STI, power-sliding around snowy bends.

When you look at the Subaru, you will find it insane, intimidating and ridiculous, but at the same time you find it awesome. And most of all, you want to take him for a spin.

fdg7zp.jpg

15fq0rd.jpg

jf90jo.jpg

107jhhv.png

RELATED CARS: